Miamor wet food

scotswoman

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone!

I live in the UK where there is nowhere near the variety of 'good' canned food as you have!
I feed my cats on Burns dried food but need a good quality canned food as well.

I did manage to get some but found that the calcium/phosphorous ratio wasn't correct.

I wonder can anyone tell me what Miamor wet food is like and whether it is suitable for cats of all ages as mine range in age from 6 to 13?

Thanks!

Liz

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
to TCS, Liz! Miamor isn't an "all-stages" food, unfortunately, though the "Fine Filets" (chicken or tuna, with a little "extra" like heart, ham, or egg) are recommended for adult and senior cats. The calcium/phosphorus ratios in most of the all meat or fish European brands are out of whack (Almo, Schesir), but if you feed a variety of flavors, plus
a well-balanced dry food, it's supposedly okay.
Have you tried Nutro? http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/c..._pouches/nutro

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feed miamor among other things and agree with feeding lots of different varieties and flavours in order to get a balanced diet. I dont' know about calcium/phosphorus ratios but I was a bit concerned with taurine levels in stuff like almo nature. They say it's a complete food, but as it contains mainly muscle meat (eg chicken breast) and no added nutrients I worry that it can't contain sufficient taurine. I feed my cats Natures menu, hi life, almo nature, allpaws, animonda, cosma, nutro, schesir, shinycat, bozita and the odd supermarket gourmet brand (plus felix now and then for Jaffa). I also feel a small amount of James Wellbeloved dry.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scotswoman

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks both for your reply.

JCat I have tried giving them Nutro but my fussy bunch weren't too keen also it contains wheat and I think one of my cats may have a problem with this.

Urbantigers can you let me know where you purchase your food and what ages are your cats?

Do you think it is necessary to feed 'senior' cat food?

Thanks again!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like senior due to it being balenced with higher antioxidents and lower pho cal and mag in general ...

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Scotswoman

Thanks both for your reply.

JCat I have tried giving them Nutro but my fussy bunch weren't too keen also it contains wheat and I think one of my cats may have a problem with this.

Urbantigers can you let me know where you purchase your food and what ages are your cats?

Do you think it is necessary to feed 'senior' cat food?

Thanks again!
You can get some of those brands from www.zooplus.co.uk Jamie won't touch the Nutro wet, either.
A lot of vets seem to recommend senior food from about the age of 7; I don't have Jamie (7) on it because he won't touch it, so I feed all-stage dry food with a variety of canned foods (Almo, Schesir, Miamor Fine Filets, Eagle Pack Organic, Solid Gold, Cosma, Ziwi Peak, Green Fish...).

Originally Posted by sharky

I like senior due to it being balenced with higher antioxidents and lower pho cal and mag in general ...
Woud you consider her 6-year-old too young for senior food?

scotswoman

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

You can get some of those brands from www.zooplus.co.uk Jamie won't touch the Nutro wet, either.
A lot of vets seem to recommend senior food from about the age of 7; I don't have Jamie (7) on it because he won't touch it, so I feed all-stage dry food with a variety of canned foods (Almo, Schesir, Miamor Fine Filets, Eagle Pack Organic, Solid Gold, Cosma, Ziwi Peak, Green Fish...).

Woud you consider her 6-year-old too young for senior food?
That's what I am doing just now as well. They get Burns dried food which is suitable for all ages and then about 200g of wet food each daily.
I have managed to get a few foods which are suitable for all ages and the others which are not I will only feed a few times a week.
Really wish I had the choice which you get in America!!!
How do yours like the Eagle Pack as I can get this although I don't think it is organic?

I give them NZymes along with this as well.

Do any of you supplement the food or do you not think it is necessary?

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My cats are 9 and 1 (just turned 1 last week). Mosi was on kitten food up until 8/9 months and since then has been on adult. Jaffa is still on normal adult as a lot of senior foods are lower calorie and Jaffa does not need to lose weight. He's quite skinny (he's built that way - he's the right weight for his build) so I don't want him losing any weight. I also don't want to put him on a lower protein food just yet. So long as he's doing well on normal adult and his kidney function is ok I won't put him onto senior food but I may well do at some point in the future.

I buy the natures menu and hi life from Tesco or PAH and most of the rest from zooplus. I buy the bozita from here as zooplus don't sell it.

http://www.pawmark.co.uk/product_inf...a640fe8d512e97

I don't supplement regularly except with plaque off for their teeth but I have just ordered a probiotic for Jaffa so will be adding that when it arrives.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jcat

Six is not too young depending if it is the youngest in the household or if some possible "senior" issues have arisen or wt issues ( i often use senior instead of wt control for those over 4)

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise

That's what I am doing just now as well. They get Burns dried food which is suitable for all ages and then about 200g of wet food each daily.
I have managed to get a few foods which are suitable for all ages and the others which are not I will only feed a few times a week.
Really wish I had the choice which you get in America!!!
How do yours like the Eagle Pack as I can get this although I don't think it is organic?

I give them NZymes along with this as well.

Do any of you supplement the food or do you not think it is necessary?
Jamie, surprisingly, likes the Eagle Pack (dry and canned), which I order from zooplus.de (I live in Germany).
The only supplement I give is fish oil for Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, as Jamie has had a problem with eosinophilic granuloma.

scotswoman

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks everyone! I really appreciate your help.

I don't think I will bother with 'senior' wet food for the moment as they only eat 200g per day of this any way and quite a few of the brands I have are for all ages which make it easier.

Happy New Year to you all and your pussy cats!