New Year's Eve Plans?

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What are your plans for New Year's Eve? I have no idea what we will do. I know that my mom and I and a few other people are going to go for a 15 mile bike ride early in he day. Then to ring in the new year I just don't know. I need to find out what my friends think we should do. Probably just hang out at her house and drink and watch TV.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried to make some plans, but pain in the butt DH said, well let's wait & see what everyone else is doing. And so now we have nothing to do, & I'm sure he will be the 1st to complain about it too!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
We don't go out on New Year's Eve, because there are way too many fireworks around here, and Jamie can't be left alone. I've got a bottle of champagne, some microwave popcorn, and a couple of DVDs stashed away, so we'll spend a "quiet" evening at home, with a terrified cat.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Jamie! One of ours is like that, but we are in the country so the only fireworks are ours. And we are considerate unlike our FORMER neighbors.

We'll be home for New Year's Eve, I'll be lucky to stay up til midnite!
We're headed to some friends around noon on the 1st for lunch and FOOTBALL!

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No fireworks around here on New Years Eve, so the boys are OK. We're going to a big party that some friends are throwing in a hall not too far from home - pot luck buffet dinner at 6 (haven't decided what I'm bringing yet) and then dancing till ?????????? This is the second year they have done this - it helps that they have their own DJ service! And we all kick in a set fee to cover hall rental and favours, etc. It's a lot of fun!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LokisMum

No fireworks around here on New Years Eve, so the boys are OK. We're going to a big party that some friends are throwing in a hall not too far from home - pot luck buffet dinner at 6 (haven't decided what I'm bringing yet) and then dancing till ?????????? This is the second year they have done this - it helps that they have their own DJ service! And we all kick in a set fee to cover hall rental and favours, etc. It's a lot of fun!
That sounds fun. We have decided that we are going to grill out Hamburgers and do snacks and munchies all night while we watch some DVD's and talk!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nothing exciting here, my mom & dad are going to their friends' house for a party so I won't be going with them, and I don't know what my sister is doing... might just me on my new couch with the kitties!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

Poor Jamie! One of ours is like that, but we are in the country so the only fireworks are ours. And we are considerate unlike our FORMER neighbors.

We'll be home for New Year's Eve, I'll be lucky to stay up til midnite!
We're headed to some friends around noon on the 1st for lunch and FOOTBALL!
You said the magic word "FOOTBALL", you know how much I love college football. But my game doesn't come on till the 3rd.

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hmmm i am not sure yet
I go to my brothers every year and this year I could of made plans but I was like Ill wait they never have no money or nothing to do on new years, well this year they have money and they are invited to a party but they arent sure if they are going yet or not and I wish they would tell me because well its what I do every year and I bet u he is going to try to get us to babysit me and my mom and well nope its new years eve
althouhg I dont know if I can leave my kitties alone for a night yet
hmmmm this year is a real bummer for me
It just makes me mad that every year I have had pland but felt bad for them and bought them things for new years so I decide I wont make plans because I will end up there anyways and well who knows my luck I will be here party free
with my kitties
I just dont wanna leave them alone for a night they go crazy when i am downstairs for a few hours!!! Any suggestions???? O ya we can somewhat here fireworks here but u hear mostly pots and pans, and firewhistles for the new year and well it drives me and the dogs nuts

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Jerry & I have dinner reservations for 6:15.......will most likely be home and in our PJ's by 8:30.....asleep on the sofa by 9!
Now TTP&B will probably be zooming all night celebrating the new year!
(I don't know what they call it the other 364 nights of the year!)

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I am sittin around here
Can you be here by Sunday????

Originally Posted by LSULOVER

You said the magic word "FOOTBALL", you know how much I love college football. But my game doesn't come on till the 3rd.
Ole Miss is in the BCS???

**neet ducks as Belinda throws her LSU helmet across the room*

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure here.... I really dislike going out NYE, only because we live in a pretty big college town, and there are A LOT of people at the bars, driving drunk...it just scares the heck outta me to be driving around sober with all those crazies on the road. I'll probly just stay home, I'm sure John will go out tho.

If I stay home with my family, we are going up to a skiing place 45 min away for the night - skiing and all that fun all night!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I hope you are happy now, I really really really almost fell out of my chair just now, and I almost hurt myself trying not to fall out of the chair.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

And now, everyone here is gonna think that I like Ole Miss, you know how much I hate them.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LSULOVER

And now, everyone here is gonna think that I like Ole Miss, you know how much I hate them.
Glad you didn't hurt yourself for real. But I HAD to say it! The
made me do it!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Glad you didn't hurt yourself for real. But I HAD to say it! The :evil: made me do it!
Well I really did almost hurt myself, and if I woulda, it woulda been all your fault.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my friends is having a party and one of DH's friends is having a party so we're going to try to go to both.