Prayers for my Nephew in Afghan

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have seen the news that a British soldier has been killed by a land mine in Afghan

My nephew is in the Royal Marines No.45 and as yet, they wont say who but they have reported that the only troops in that area where the Royal Marines No.42 & 45
my stomach is just jumping all day and I cant stand it when the phone rings

Please help me with prayers for him and his colleagues safety

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending prayers from Mississippi for you and your nephew, please keep us posted on him.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh no!! sending lots of prayers that he and his troop remain safe

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so upset, I cant pluck up courage to call my sister to find out any news, this poor boy was lost yesterday and they usual inform the relatives quickly

But my BIL grand-dad was taken into hospital just before Christmas, so their lives are pretty much full with pain & stress at the moment. I have checked in about grandpa but that was before this news broke. I am just hoping that "no news is good news" rings true for us today.
The sad, sad thing about this, is that someones boy is gone and that makes me cry too

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Your nephew, and all the troops there, are in my thoughts. I'm sending many "stay healthy and whole" vibes their way.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
what a jelly I am then...........just been on MSN Messenger with my sister, asking about her day and how grandpa was etc, but didnt dare mention about the news from Afghan, she seems to have so much on her plate.

So what I am hoping now is that she would have known by now and told me, so I hope we are out of this worry but as mentioned before someone will have some bad news today

God Bless all our boys & girls out there

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well its positive news for our family today, James my nephew is OK. The news about it being a Royal Marine was wrong. The boy that was lost was from 29 Commando Regiment Royal Artillery, and of course someone has lost a much loved son

My thoughts and prayers are with the family. I also pray that this terrible conflict comes to a speedy end.