Just goes to show you, any species can be friends!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How adorable, my cats pay very little attention to my hamster (even on the few occasions that he has got loose and ran around unsupervised), somewhere I have a pic of Scully sleeping with Peanut on his back

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is very cute!!

I caught a show on the Animal Planet the other day where a lioness adopted an orphaned Oryx (a gazelle like critter). The lioness was young and didn't have a pride and they speculated that she had mothering instincts that crossed species (even one she usually eats). The lioness nearly died trying to take care of it. When the orxy died (lioness couldn't nurse it), she adopted 5 more over the next year. If you see the show, watch it - it was very interesting.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cat and dog were on leashes - guess he couldn't find any small enough for the Mousies.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

That is very cute!!

I caught a show on the Animal Planet the other day where a lioness adopted an orphaned Oryx (a gazelle like critter). The lioness was young and didn't have a pride and they speculated that she had mothering instincts that crossed species (even one she usually eats). The lioness nearly died trying to take care of it. When the orxy died (lioness couldn't nurse it), she adopted 5 more over the next year. If you see the show, watch it - it was very interesting.
I saw that too!!! It was SO beautiful! And SO SAD....I cried at the end, but the oryx didn't die cause she couldn't nurse it, they went to the watering hole to drink and a male lion snatched it and took it away (for food)....I was sobbing, cause she couldn't fight the male lion she was too weak, and the baby was crying for her & she was calling for the baby....it was SO SAD.

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

I saw that too!!! It was SO beautiful! And SO SAD....I cried at the end, but the oryx didn't die cause she couldn't nurse it, they went to the watering hole to drink and a male lion snatched it and took it away (for food)....I was sobbing, cause she couldn't fight the male lion she was too weak, and the baby was crying for her & she was calling for the baby....it was SO SAD.
I saw that show too. I cried like a baby!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

I would have had to turn that off........too sad for me.......