the Daily Thread Thursday Dec 28

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning all!

BRR, these wild temps are getting to me. 70 during the day, 30 at night. Wearing a sweater with shorts is NOT cool.

Not much here except work, and avoiding whatever cold/flu something is going around.

No picture today, but it is American Pledge of Allegance Day. What all the controversy is about, I don't get it. It's the Pledge. You don't like it, go live somewhere else.

Have a great day everyone!

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

Morning all!

BRR, these wild temps are getting to me. 70 during the day, 30 at night. Wearing a sweater with shorts is NOT cool.

Not much here except work, and avoiding whatever cold/flu something is going around.

No picture today, but it is American Pledge of Allegance Day. What all the controversy is about, I don't get it. It's the Pledge. You don't like it, go live somewhere else.

I agree Nita, I feel the same way about the National Anthem, if you don't wanna stand during it, then get out of my Country.

I would respect other countries if I lived there.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good Morning! Not a whole lo on my to do list. I have to crack down and finish Novembers filing so I can start Decembers come Tuesday. Big Fun. Not. I am just glad there isn't a whole lot left to do! Got 2 big bags of close for the lady who lost her home. They found out it was some old wiring that caused the fire. Just working on getting everything together for them!

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning

It's another dull day here today. I don't think were going to get any snow though, probably more rain.

I have alot of studying to do today, I start my new job next Tuesday and want to be well prepared.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good Morning Gang!

Neet I had my garlic last night for dinner!
And so I guess today I'll say the pledge?!
I agree with all of you, it's the pledge for our country, no one is forcing you to repeat it out loud, if you choose to be silent during it, then be silent!
And I would also respect another countries practices if I lived there....but I did visit Paris on our Fourth of July, and they had the most spectacular fire works to honor their American tourists!
It was wonderful! Thank GOD it's Thursday!!!

Hope you all have a great day!!!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think I'll say the pledge today!!

I've got 9 cats to get up to the vets in the next 2 days for their annual exams and vaccinations. Other than that, just being lazy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Heather, did your DH have garlic too?
It's much nicer that way!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*cough* *hack* *sniffle*

NO plans except to lay in bed and sleep. And maybe surf the web.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone!!!
Its snowing here right now but the temps are at 33-34F so its for messy driving.
My sis and I are once again going after Christmas shopping. I've bought lots of stuff already -I don't want to see the credit card bill next month!!
The cats are all getting along pretty well. Mom got sick Tuesday afternoon-they drove back home yesterday and last night she still wasn't very good so I'll call her in a little while to see if there is any improvement.
No illness for me (yet) other than some stomach discomfort from eating too much!!
Have a good day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

*cough* *hack* *sniffle*

NO plans except to lay in bed and sleep. And maybe surf the web.
Crap Jan, have you taken some chocolate for that cough yet?

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

Heather, did your DH have garlic too?
It's much nicer that way!
yes he did!!! I chopped up some brocoli, added some butter & olive oil, sea salt & cracked pepper, and tons of garlic & threw it in a foil packet bag in the oven! It was delicious!!!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Morning all..

I am sick today so nothing planned except sleeping and lazing around. I was going to go to the bank and the MTO, but there's no way I am going anywhere today.

Its a few above 0, s thats good!!

Have a good day folks!

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Morning all..

I am sick today so nothing planned except sleeping and lazing around. I was going to go to the bank and the MTO, but there's no way I am going anywhere today.

Its a few above 0, s thats good!!

Have a good day folks!
Aw - poor Nat! I hope you feel better soon! It's a really nasty bug that's going around right now - I've just gotten over my second round with it, although I still have the cough.

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I fell in love with you, would you promise to be true.....

AAAHHH....decided to stay home today. Tired of the office politics, parties, eating....yuk.

It is actually raining here in Tucson, what a surprise. But.....we are all warm, dry (except the ferals), I have a second cup of coffee, no fights, no discussions among the cats......aaaahhhhh, peace and quiet, just listening to the raindrops. AAAAHHHHHH........

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Off to work in a few. I work all week until Sat at 5 then I'm on vacation again!
Right now I'm eating a turkey sandwich and boy is it good! It's the first thing I've been able to taste in a week! Now I'm going to surf for a minute more and then get ready for work!