New Kia Commercial: Please someone make it stop!

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
[rant on]

*ripping my hair out*

I'm sure 99.9% of you in the U.S. have seen that new Kia Commercial where a bunch of sales people are singing "So Long, Farewell" from the Sound of Music. I've never actually seen the movie, but I've heard the song elsewhere and I've always hated it. This commercial makes it worse because 1) The people in the commercial can't sing, and it's done as well as if they picked real Kia sales people at random to sing it and dance and 2) They play this commercial 10 THOUSAND times a day. I just heard it 5 times in the last half hour.

ENOUGH ALREADY!!!

[/rant off]

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hit the mute button, works for me.

i have not seen that one, but then again i dont watch much TV.
when the commericals come on, i hit the mute button or check out a different channel. Tv for me is just back gound noisel, how i read, or do stuff on the computer

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately the last 3 dozen times it's come on, we're not by the remote quick enough to mute it

ryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have't seen it yet but IMO sounds like it still beats your average "Go drive in the wild beautiful nature which this car is in reality doing it's best to destroy" -car ads. I hate those so much.

The quite recent Nissan(?) ads were really cool though, you know the ones with the car transforming in to a spider, a snake, a robot, a puma etc.

fats mcgee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ROFL... I know what you're talking about!!

So long, farwell, aufweiderzang (sp??) good bye!

It is uber annoying.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sure glad that I haven't seen it....But the one that really annoys me is the "Earthlink - lets you zip and yap". It's esp. derogatory, IMO, cuz the man does the zipping and of course, the wife does the yapping

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ReesesPBC

[rant on]

*ripping my hair out*

I'm sure 99.9% of you in the U.S. have seen that new Kia Commercial where a bunch of sales people are singing "So Long, Farewell" from the Sound of Music. I've never actually seen the movie, but I've heard the song elsewhere and I've always hated it. This commercial makes it worse because 1) The people in the commercial can't sing, and it's done as well as if they picked real Kia sales people at random to sing it and dance and 2) They play this commercial 10 THOUSAND times a day. I just heard it 5 times in the last half hour.

ENOUGH ALREADY!!!

[/rant off]
I don't know that commercial, but if you really want to hear overkill of a song you should be where I am. One radio station has been playing the same song repeatedly, commercial free without pause or talking of any kind (I'm dead serious), for 3 days now. It just plays over and over and over and over.... well you get the picture!

I don't know when they started, I only noticed it on Tuesday morning, and it's still one, but I imagine it was on Christmas and Christmas Eve too. When they plan on stopping, I have no clue. I don't even know the name of the station to call and find out!

Unfortunately it's on the station that I have my clock radio tuned to because that is the only station that comes in clearly without static.

You can hear a bit of it from this Amazon.com song preview link. It's a Windows Media file and you need your sound volume on.

Rock and Roll - Part II

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
The Kia one doesn't bother me that much. I am really glad I don't have to see the one of the country singer with his "Built Ford Tough" truck any more. Every Dunkin Donuts commercial also gets muted in this house

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

The Kia one doesn't bother me that much. I am really glad I don't have to see the one of the country singer with his "Built Ford Tough" truck any more. Every Dunkin Donuts commercial also gets muted in this house
You don't like Toby Keith or Fritalian?

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've seen that Kia commercial a gazillion times. To be honest when it first aired, I wasn't looking at the TV, and I thought it was an ad for an upcoming muscial play of The Sound of Music. It doesn't bother me, though. I actually think they do a good job of sounding like the Von Trapp Family.

As far as that Ford Truck commercial, I can't STAND country singers. I'm glad it's not playing, anymore.