It comes down to these three things...

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a $200.00 gift card from Ikea, and I need some help deciding on what to buy with it. It has come down to these three things:

1. A new bed with a new bed frame.

2. Two new chairs to replace the horrible ones that we have now.

3. New pots and pans.

I can't decide and I really need some help.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
eenie, meenie miney mo...

most likely you'll wind up answering your own question. Go through and say "Why do I need this over this?"

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd vote not the bed. I have an ikea bed frame and the thing drives me insane. All you have to do is move half an inch and the thing squeeks so loud the neighbors are probably giggling their butts of thinking "I know what she's doing!"

It's the first thing to go as soon as I have a chance!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MuttigreeMom

I'd vote not the bed. I have an ikea bed frame and the thing drives me insane. All you have to do is move half an inch and the thing squeeks so loud the neighbors are probably giggling their butts of thinking "I know what she's doing!"

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im with Alycia....
get new chairs to replace the ones you dislike.
I new someone who had an Ikea bed...boo! best get one of those fancy ones with the whole room set up in the future!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I'm probably the only one I guess................cause I say pots and pans.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd say either the pots and pans or the chairs. Which need replacing the most? Are your current pans in good enough condition? Then go for the chairs. If not, maybe the pans would be best.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well you can sit, lay or cook witch do you like to do best
I'm all for laying down awhile, getting up sitting in a chair while I cook
I know I didn't help did I ?

furryferals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not psychic,I just see through people
I love Ikea stuff
I think I'd just spend it on what you need the most too

Originally Posted by MuttigreeMom

I can hear my next door neighbour...they must have a bed from Ikea

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you should get the chairs. You can make do in a kitchen with a box of tin foil and a fork if you have to, a decent bed is gonna cost WAY more than 200$, but chairs are important. If you hate the ones you have now, that whole dinner / sitting at the table thing is destroyed and in some ways thats the most important part of the day.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Really good pots and pans. The money will go further on them, and they are smaller for when you move. Plus, when you get your house, you'll be able to get furnature that suits it, not made do with things that might not because you "just bought them".

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am leaning more towards the pots and pans right now. The ones that we are currently using are from college and are getting a bit yucky. Also, for some reason they all have plastic handles so they can't go from stove top to oven. We also need things like a new quilt cover and sheets so I think the money may streatch into getting all of that.

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Satai

Really good pots and pans. The money will go further on them, and they are smaller for when you move. Plus, when you get your house, you'll be able to get furnature that suits it, not made do with things that might not because you "just bought them".

I was going to say the chairs, but I think Satai's argument makes the most sense.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For me, pots & pans would be outta the ?.....I try to make things easier on myself. For awhile I was so stressed with having everything perfect & cooking everynight, but then my friends said, hunny you have tons of dishes & no dishwasher. Do you want to spend QT with your DH or stand in front of the sink doing dishes? So now I get those tin pans that are disposable. I use the little broiler type pans for all my stuff in the oven, and never use real pans unless I have to. Life is simplified alot cause of that. So, I'd vote for the bed or the chairs. (but I do have to add, our daughter had an Ikea loft bed, and it squeaks to high heck!)