Purraise
I'm sure this question has been asked before but so what

What do you do for a Living? And do you like your Job

I'm pretty much a Bum by trade and I like it sometimes

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have several jobs, the main one being programme assistant for an internship, which I love most of the time. My other 'real' job is doing the books for my BF's parents' company (although it has turned into more of a doing everything and the books
) then I also help my BF in getting his company started, so all I do is work and its got to the point where it takes up so much of my time that I can't be bothered with any of it

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Probably doesn't pay very well though, does it Lois???

I work for a major aviation repair company; we sell, fly, and service corporate aircraft. I am the Technical Librarian (fancy words for the Book B****) and keep all the publications they use to work on the different kinds of planes up to date. I also run the Tool Crib, so I know a LOT about tools.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish I was a bum sometimes...

I sell insurance, and am getting fed up with my office lately. It has its ups and downs.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I work something like three-quarters-time at the college branch of a well-known bookstore. Actually it's one of the biggest bookstores in the country, though only about half the store is actually books. I work in the trade books dept, which is the non textbooks books section.

I love my job, although the hours are really irregular. I can be working til close at 10.30 one night, and opening at 7.30 the next morning, off for a random day in the middle of the week, and then working some weird 11.30 to 7 shift the next day. I also think there are lots of ways it could be improved, but I'd have to convince Home Office to change that thing about every store in the country rather than just my manager...
And there are always SO many new people who are gone again before you learn their names. But other than that, I think it's my favorite job I've had aside from tutoring.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

I have several jobs, the main one being programme assistant for an internship, which I love most of the time. My other 'real' job is doing the books for my BF's parents' company (although it has turned into more of a doing everything and the books
) then I also help my BF in getting his company started, so all I do is work and its got to the point where it takes up so much of my time that I can't be bothered with any of it
And to add Siggy maker extraordine I think I spelled that wrong
Oh Plus your a great photographer

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a title searcher for uninsured searches - mostly for home equity loans, but some other stuff as well.

It's a neat job because it has given me some very useful knowledge of public records. By searching the records, I once helped a friend find his father who abandoned him when he was two. It's nice to be able to help like that... and working from home has its perks too.

Of course, working from home also has its downside.... I'm *always* at the office and have had clients calling at 2am.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I work for a charity that gives advice about death, funerals, and bereavement, with a focus on environmentally friendly options. I do the accounts mostly!

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

Probably doesn't pay very well though, does it Lois???

I work for a major aviation repair company; we sell, fly, and service corporate aircraft. I am the Technical Librarian (fancy words for the Book B****) and keep all the publications they use to work on the different kinds of planes up to date. I also run the Tool Crib, so I know a LOT about tools.
Oh the payback is small for sure but still good. I can lay down at any given moment

I was certainly hoping when I saw Aviation Support that you weren't the person on that Mic going make a hard turn left altitude 2 ft ...PULL UP PULL UP You idiot
I already hate flying I sure as heck would want to think that you.. Oh never mind
because if someone got on your last nerve, it wouldn't be pretty I'm sure

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i own my own business making candles and organic items

and i work part time as a cashier at a small local store.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a stay at home Mom and Wife.I enjoy my work for the most part, although it does get old sometimes!!!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*Deep Breath* I'm a cook, a maid, a mom, a wife, chauffer (sp?) PC tech to my family, a pooper scooper, a toy fetcher and a "Mrs. Fix-it" for every electronic in the house

No seriously, I am manager of my husband's roofing business which mean's I am sales, AP/AR, purchasing, Payroll, HR and "Do-Girl"
I have my level 2 Accounting Certification also. I usually do accounting when I have a regular 9-5 job.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My official title is 'Business Technology Instructor.' That means I teach people clerical skills and how to use the computer. I also teach job seeking skills (resume writing, interviewing techniques, etc) and soft skills (showing up to work on time, reliability, etc.). I also double as the office IT person and I'm getting really good at understanding the Indian accent our two main IT guys have. Of course I don't get paid for that! Fortunately, lately my co-worker who is from the Philippines usually will take the calls from them when we have issues--chronic issues really! It's hysterical to listen to them try to understand each other sometimes. I think that's why my co-worker likes taking the calls!

For the most part I do like my job. Lately it's been frustrating but I have this vision for breaking down a lot of walls this year. It's been a year and half since I took the position of full time instructor. The person I replaced was the bomb. I was her assistant so she trained me, but it's taken a bit to build myself any credibility as an Instructor (plus I am younger than the old instructor's daughters even, so that hasn't helped, whether it should be an issue or not). What I do really like is that I get to help people put their goals into actions, basically employment goals. But it's amazing to see just the looks on people's faces who have had setback after setback (98% of my clients have some sort of 'disability' and are re-careering or just need some marketable skills), and now have accomplished something positive.

Though I do like that part, I can't wait to quit and become a full time Mommy. Parts of me know I'm not quite ready for it (emotionally, not just financially) so I can wait. But someday I just dream of that life. Dirty diapers, Cheerios in my hair and all.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

*Deep Breath* I'm a cook, a maid, a mom, a wife, chauffer (sp?) PC tech to my family, a pooper scooper, a toy fetcher and a "Mrs. Fix-it" for every electronic in the house

No seriously, I am manager of my husband's roofing business which mean's I am sales, AP/AR, purchasing, Payroll, HR and "Do-Girl"
I have my level 2 Accounting Certification also. I usually do accounting when I have a regular 9-5 job.
I think you need to quit those 10 jobs and just go back to work
Less stress more money

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

I think you need to quit those 10 jobs and just go back to work
Less stress more money
Yeap! The pay is crap, the hours SUCK! I'm constantly on call and I never get a vacation! Oh and yearly bonus' is out of the question

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im a Health Unit Coordinator for an NICU at a metro Hospital in my city.
I am a secertary who does a little more basically.
I do that from 3-11pm
from 11-3pm I am a professional bum!
I clean every now and then and I scoop poop and scratch kitties chins. ahhh Alycia and I are in the same business..lol

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

Yeap! The pay is crap, the hours SUCK! I'm constantly on call and I never get a vacation! Oh and yearly bonus' is out of the question

One big title " Keeper of All and Everything "

krazy kat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a part time massage therapist, which I love, and a full time customer service agent for DirecTv, which helps pay the bills. I like it, though, and soon I will have health insurance again. The people I work with there are pretty good, and there is plenty of room for advancement and pay raises.