TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › What do you do
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What do you do - Page 2

post #31 of 48
I am an executive assistant. Basically that's a bull **** title for "does everything"! I am our event coordinator (plan all the mtg rooms, and food/beverages), the receptionist (greet clients/visitors & answer the phone), our travel coordinator (book flights, rooms, car rentals, train reservations), our UPS administrator (handle shipping/receiving accts for employees), our purchasing dept (I order pencils, and furniture), and I handle all of the associated billing for each area that I handle.... and then anything else that no one feels like doing, I get to do too.

I work for a large architectural/engineering & interior design firm in center city Philly. We have offices in Boston, DC, San Fran, Raleigh, & Las Vegas, and we do work all over the world.
post #32 of 48
How to explain my job ... I manage product for specific customers within our company, ensuring that the uniforms for several multimillion-dollar contracts get delivered within a reasonable amount of time. I also assist in the production of said uniforms (I don't actually lay out patterns or sew anything -- I do data entry to make sure the uniforms get entered into the system correctly), and the rest of the time I do whatever odd jobs get foisted off on me -- I'm sort of a "Jill of All Trades." And no, I don't particularly like my job right now (especially not this week, when everyone but me seems to have the week off ), but it pays the bills. It's just very, very stressful.

I'm also a fantasy writer, but that does not pay the bills. Neither does playing computer games all day, alas. Oh, and I do a bunch of volunteer work.
post #33 of 48
Let me see. my official Title is General Clerk IV so I do paperwork and data entry all day. Well when I am not here at least. I also handle walk-in customers and am the office computer fixer since the rest of the office is pretty much computer illiterate!
post #34 of 48
I sell mailing lists to companies for direct marketing purposes. Been doing it for 6 years, and I enjoy it, but I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up!
post #35 of 48
I'm a Registered Nurse but have been off on sick disability for 2 1/2 years.
post #36 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingersMom View Post
I sell mailing lists to companies for direct marketing purposes. Been doing it for 6 years, and I enjoy it, but I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up!
I was wondering how they keep getting my name! Can you take me off your list?
post #37 of 48
I'm an Animal Care Specialist at an animal shelter. I love my job. Pay is crappy and work is hard but the people and animals are awesome and I feel good working there.
post #38 of 48
Well, my official title is Designer I. What I am is an electrical & instrumentation drafter/designer for an engineering firm. Our work (in this branch office) mainly consists of offshore work (oil & gas production).
post #39 of 48
Supervisor of Client Services in a government agency - if I told you more, I'd have to kill you (hee hee)!
post #40 of 48
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl View Post
I am an executive assistant. Basically that's a bull **** title for "does everything"! I am our event coordinator (plan all the mtg rooms, and food/beverages), the receptionist (greet clients/visitors & answer the phone), our travel coordinator (book flights, rooms, car rentals, train reservations), our UPS administrator (handle shipping/receiving accts for employees), our purchasing dept (I order pencils, and furniture), and I handle all of the associated billing for each area that I handle.... and then anything else that no one feels like doing, I get to do too.

I work for a large architectural/engineering & interior design firm in center city Philly. We have offices in Boston, DC, San Fran, Raleigh, & Las Vegas, and we do work all over the world.
"Jack of all trades" " Master of None"
post #41 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by LokisMum View Post
Supervisor of Client Services in a government agency - if I told you more, I'd have to kill you (hee hee)!
I thought Karen was the one that worked for a secret Government agency....
post #42 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittermom View Post
I am a stay at home Mom and Wife.I enjoy my work for the most part, although it does get old sometimes!!!
That's what I want to do if I ever find a mr right. But in the meantime I am a certified nurse's aide.
post #43 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by LokisMum View Post
Supervisor of Client Services in a government agency - if I told you more, I'd have to kill you (hee hee)!
That's O.K. We don't want to know more, in fact we'll forget you told us that much.
post #44 of 48
Im a nanny mostly. With a few side jobs. I like it when its just me and Kaidence but I hate dealing with his parents.
post #45 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfpint View Post
I'm sure this question has been asked before but so what
What do you do for a Living? And do you like your Job
I'm pretty much a Bum by trade and I like it sometimes
I work for a Healthcare company who makes hospital equipment.. I'm a evaluation specialist,, so I move evaluation equipment around in my territory...

I don't care for it.. But it pays the Bills.. I wanna be a psychiatric peds nurse, I think.. I'd love to do that.
post #46 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fats McGee View Post
I'm an Animal Care Specialist at an animal shelter. I love my job. Pay is crappy and work is hard but the people and animals are awesome and I feel good working there.
Luckyyyyyy!!! I'd love to do that.. I just can't afford to do that!!! Dang money,, why does it have to ruin happiness.
post #47 of 48
I teach German to English translation and commercial correspondence at a junior college, and love it, because the students and the material keep changing, so it never gets boring.
post #48 of 48
I am the Asst manager and secretary to the manager of a restaurant.
I am the do everything person in my workplace. If you need anything you come to me. If you go to the manager, you will get nothing. She's very disorganized and can't deal with paperwork like I can. How she is the manager is beyond me.

Oh yeah no I really don't like my job at all. It's taxing and stressful and I do the managers job (AND my own) but get paid an asst's salary. She on the other hand, gets her salary to do nothing.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › What do you do