Again, Mother Nature?

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As you all probably know, Colorado and the Denver Metro area got pounded with a big snow storm/blizzard last week. Wednesday-Thursday, specifically. Well, it's 1 week later. The snow hasn't melted. Parking lots are still a mess, to say the least. Neighborhood streets are really a mess in many parts of the city since they either haven't been plowed at all or given a single, cursory pass.

Well, it looks like another big storm is on the way. Another 10-16" by mid-day Friday. This would be on TOP of the piles of snow we still have. Oh yeah, and strong winds too. Sure, we need the moisture and to the ski resorts it is white gold. But this is getting ridiculous! Not that I would complain about getting another snow day on Friday, mind you.

But seriously...if Mother Nature is going to shake her fist at us again, can we get some "stay safe" for us in the path of the storm?

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Geez!, you guys are really getting a winter wonderland!

Sending you lots of stay safe vibes {{{ }}}

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are having winds here that are threatening to batter down my window awnings. I would suggest that if you have any pressing food needs, get your shopping done now and batten down the hatches. They say it is going to be bad.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some stay safe vibes for you guys!

Also, can you PLEASE send a little bit of that snow to Chicago? Pretty plllleeeeeasssee??? We are really lacking our usual foot of snow.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Stay safe for sure. You are getting Canadian weather and we have nothing yet. Maybe a few flurries in the forecast for tomorrow but nothing to speak of, although this morning the temperature dived a bit and the rain froze causing about 140 accidents on our highways and roads between 6 am and 9 am. People just don't slow down in bad weather.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Did you see that parts of California had wind gusts up to 176 miles per hour? That is stunning!!!!

Accuweather is predicting that most of the snow in the next storm will be over eastern CO and western KA. Denver will get hit, but not as hard as the last storm. Even so, let's add insult to injury!!

Stay safe everyone out west!!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck to you!

My sister is in town from CO...she happened to be in Phoenix, AZ and flew straight here instead of stopping in CO.

I told her that she should buy snow shoes here...if she ever gets back, she may not see her car again until Spring.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittenKiya

We are having winds here that are threatening to batter down my window awnings. I would suggest that if you have any pressing food needs, get your shopping done now and batten down the hatches. They say it is going to be bad.
We stopped at the grocery store tonight and got stew and chili fixings. I'm planning on not going anywhere for the week end.

Originally Posted by lionessrampant

Some stay safe vibes for you guys!

Also, can you PLEASE send a little bit of that snow to Chicago? Pretty plllleeeeeasssee??? We are really lacking our usual foot of snow.
I think I can speak for Heidi and others here, you are more than welcome to have as much of this as you want.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

We stopped at the grocery store tonight and got stew and chili fixings. I'm planning on not going anywhere for the week end.

I think I can speak for Heidi and others here, you are more than welcome to have as much of this as you want.
I for one am pretty happy with the snow we've got, but I'm really lucky in that our town plows every street at least once, so we're fine getting around. So I picked up milk, chili fixings (LOL Jana), cat and dog food so we should be good for several days.

Storms like this always make me want to re-read "The Long Winter" by Laura Ingalls Wilder.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Storms like this always make me want to re-read "The Long Winter" by Laura Ingalls Wilder.
LOL! I only read that book in the summer when I need to think cold thoughts!

Stay safe and warm everyone. Lets pray this ends up not being as bad as they think it will!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

I keep thinking about the pioneer days and how they survived these snows because they didn't have "pin-point radar" and had no idea that storm was coming or how long it was going to snow.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
grab some water and can foods for both you and the cats, just in case.

Once when i was 17 we got stuck in the house for a week, due to snow.
only way we stayed warm is that we had a wood burning stove. hehe now that was boring, stuck at home , cold, and no power.

stay warm!!!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

Stay Safe Vibes on their way.
Mother Nature is not amused.
I think she got irritated with us complaining that we weren't getting any white Christmases.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Stay safe you guys!
I wouldn't mind if you sent some of the snow our way. We've usually had at least one good snow by this time in Cincy, but so far just a dusting in early Dec. I want a snow day!