pregnant again

cupcake1234516

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know i posted that my cat Kali was pregnant about 6 months ago and she had 6 kittens......Well she managed to get out and she is pregnant again! Sad but true i had appointment to have her fixed in nov and she got out in the end of october. I can feel the babies moving and i know they say whe u can feel the babies moving she should have them in about 2 weeks and we have been able to feel them for about a week now. I feel bad but i couldnt bare the thought of takin her and havin the babies killed
if anybody can help me i would love it im not sure when she got out but i know it was in the end of oct. so i dont know if she is ready to have them or what but any help would be nice thank Kalis mommy

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well sweetie, you came to the right place. It is so important that you and Kali have peace of mind, so what is done, is done. Now it is important to keep an eye on Kali and find her a nice place to have her babies.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by cupcake1234516

I know i posted that my cat Kali was pregnant about 6 months ago and she had 6 kittens......Well she managed to get out and she is pregnant again! Sad but true i had appointment to have her fixed in nov and she got out in the end of october. I can feel the babies moving and i know they say whe u can feel the babies moving she should have them in about 2 weeks and we have been able to feel them for about a week now. I feel bad but i couldnt bare the thought of takin her and havin the babies killed
if anybody can help me i would love it im not sure when she got out but i know it was in the end of oct. so i dont know if she is ready to have them or what but any help would be nice thank Kalis mommy
This is exactly why it is critical that cats be fixed once the kittens are weaned (10-12 weeks) and they are kept in a room with no access outdoors (even accidentally) until they have been spayed.

Given that she escaped at the end of October...then it is likely that she will be due very soon. To avoid this from occuring again, you need to find her a room that has a door between it and the rest of your home. It is critical that you keep her in that room with her food, litter and a birthing box. If you are unable to confine her to a room, then you need to get a large dog crate to keep her in. Below is a link to information you need in order to prepare for the kittens:

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80724

Please also contact the organization that had arranged her spay the first time so that you do not need to wait too long after she gives birth to have her spayed. Ideally, you should schedule the appt. for approximately 3 months after she gives birth...so I would plan to have her spayed at the end of March or beginning of April.

We cannot undo the fact that she escaped...but you can certainly ensure that this is her last litter.

Katie

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry she's preg again. Hopefully things will be ok. I'm sure you will confine her really good this time and set up that spay appointment after the kittens are born. How old is the mom cat?

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Cupcake, how is mama cat today? Can you tell us what you are feeding her right now?

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope all goes well and you're able to get Momma spayed as soon as you can.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cupcake1234516

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Momma is doing good she looks like she hsa gotten bigger since tuesday lol i am feeding her special kitty kitten food right now. I hope that is good? I am doin ok. I have talked to the vets and she has an appointment at the end of match yippy for her and me lol
Sorry i havent posted and i made you gals wait for an answer lol. but i will post everyday. Thanks to all of you for caring.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by cupcake1234516

Momma is doing good she looks like she hsa gotten bigger since tuesday lol i am feeding her special kitty kitten food right now. I hope that is good? I am doin ok. I have talked to the vets and she has an appointment at the end of match yippy for her and me lol
Sorry i havent posted and i made you gals wait for an answer lol. but i will post everyday. Thanks to all of you for caring.
Cupcake...I have to say...I am so proud of you for talking to the vet and arranging her spay appt. for the end of March. Now....let's get mom situated in her own room with a door and definately keep her confined until her spay date arrives. Also...yes, it is very important that she eats kitten food from now until the kittens leave for their new homes.

Katie

cupcake1234516

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i dont know the exact date she got pregger but i can feel the babies moving around real good now. when r u suppose to start to feel them moving around and how soon after you start feeling them will she have them?

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, don't say six!! That's too many.

I'm guessing three. Three big fat healthy kittens.

*fingercross*

You can tell she's going to have 'em in a few days when she starts getting really restless and looking for a place. That's when you start to offer the nest box and hope she has them there and not inside your mattress! (No kidding. It's happened, just ask some of the people here.) You should recognize the symptoms of impendig birth from the last time.

Definitely give momcat the kitten food. It's got the nutrition she needs for her kittens to grow, and when they're weaned they can just eat the same food she does.

juliekit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh Im sorry shes pregnant again! Being that she is so close to delivering it wouldnt be right to spay her and end the pregnancy. I hope everything goes well with the birth, and that she doesnt get out again.

BTW, I wanted to comment on the kitten food. Special Kitty food is a very bad food, with lots of fillers and unhealthy ingredients. If you are shopping on a budget you can try the Meow Mix pouches of wet, or the Purina One dry kibble, which are a bit higher quality.

cupcake1234516

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank for the info on the cat food i will try that food. Idont know what the contractions feel like when u rub her belly but i felt her belly lastnight and it felt lumpy. When she had her 1st litter of kits we didnt have a chance she went in labor fast. but i have been watching her real close. I'll keep u up dated.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by JulieKit

Oh Im sorry shes pregnant again! Being that she is so close to delivering it wouldnt be right to spay her and end the pregnancy. I hope everything goes well with the birth, and that she doesnt get out again.

BTW, I wanted to comment on the kitten food. Special Kitty food is a very bad food, with lots of fillers and unhealthy ingredients. If you are shopping on a budget you can try the Meow Mix pouches of wet, or the Purina One dry kibble, which are a bit higher quality.
IMO Meow mix isn't any better then special kitty. I am not sure on purina one though, I haven't tried it, but I won't use meowmix, wet or dry. But My cats are pretty picky and are on Iams wet/dry and love it. Most any thing else they will throw up. One will starve before she eats MMix, I think she will throw up just looking at that stuff, LOL! I have heard alot of bad things about Iams, mostly testing and abuse by the company
But it is mostly false claims by PETA. and as far as being bad quality, just look at my cats healthy coats, and how well they look and feel. It is a little pricier then special kitty and such, but not as bad as some of those so called Natural good quality ones. Even if you can't get the "best" most expensive foods, by putting her on the kitten chow you are improving on her nutritional needs.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope this helps some,
Walmart sells a kitten food called "Maxximum, kitten formula" (I think the bag is black and purple
) that is a little less expensive, and a little better food than "Kitten Chow". I have seen it mentioned favorably several times here, and have used it myself, and liked the results (and my thieving older cats loved the flavor
). Hope everything goes well with your kitty and her kittens!

minuets_mum

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Good luck to you and mama cat and thank you for getting that spay appt made!

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*Yaaaawwwwnnnnn* Good morning!! How's my cupcake and my Kali??? Do we have kits yet.....huh......do we......huh?????

cupcake1234516

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We both are doing fine.Kali has been sleeping all day. I sat in the closet with her for about an hour today but nothing yet. boo hoo.LOL but i will keep u up dated