Memories of Candy

ginnyp

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My dear Candy,

A year ago this evening, I had to say goodbye to you, after almost 15 years of your companionship.
Though I still remember you vividly, and miss you so much, as any of us whoâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ve lost a family member, a close friend or a dear pet know, things do get easier as time passes. That said, when these losses occur so close to forever important dates (like Christmas), the memories and pain seem to remain stronger longer.

Because we celebrated Christmas early and away from home, I didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t decorate this year. The Christmas tree you loved to lay under didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t get put up. However, I did finally buy that new tree Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ve been wanting for a couple of years on Christmas Eve (on sale). Of course, I wanted to make sure everything was OK, so we erected it immediately. I didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t dig out all the ornaments, but I had one new, special ornament ready to hang, and it was the first one on the new tree. It is a photo ornament with your picture in it, laying on the tree skirt as you always loved to do. Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ll always be able to see you under the tree when I decorate it for all the years to come.

Candy, I feel you watching over me as you live on in my heart. Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ll love you forever, my little friend.

Ginny

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Bless her little heart
The memories must still be raw, especially this time of year
But i'm sure your little girl is watching over you inbetween games of chase with all the other kitties over at the bridge

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ginnyp

I didnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t dig out all the ornaments, but I had one new, special ornament ready to hang, and it was the first one on the new tree. It is a photo ornament with your picture in it, laying on the tree skirt as you always loved to do. Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ll always be able to see you under the tree when I decorate it for all the years to come.
how simply beautiful. forever in your heart

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Ginny, what a thoughtful way to remember your precious Candy. Rest in Peace Candy and continue to look over your Mommy.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
your special words and thoughts will fly high to the Bridge
Candy will purr a little louder for you and the love from below will make her purr forever

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a touching, thoughtful letter to your Candy. The decoration that you made for her is a beautiful tribute. May she live forever in your heart and may she play happily over the Bridge waiting for the day to come when you will be together forever. Rest in peace, Candy.

Bryan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ginnyp

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you, everyone, for your kind comments. It is amazing how it helps to communicate with everyone here who understand such feelings of loss.

I finally got around to making a sig picture of Candy and getting it set-up here. It's kind of like "the cobbler's kids go barefoot" - I work in graphic arts, but don't seem to have time for my own stuff!!! (How many digital photos do I need to print - after I retouch or color correct them?? Too many!!!)

Anyway, this picture is the one I put on her Christmas tree ornament - taken of her on the tree skirt under the Christmas tree, where she loved to lay the whole season it was up.

Love you all . . .

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Such a beautiful kitty
I love the ornament idea - it is something that would mean so much to someone who has lost a loved one. The holidays are the hardest, I know, but thankfully, with TCS we are not alone to deal with our sadness...And our TCS kitties who have passed have each other, and all of Heaven, to keep themselves occupied till we get to be reunited again.