I am dying laughing!!!!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh this is tooo funny!

My Mom just called to chit chat and she told me that yesterday my Step-dad (a very serious guy) went with my pregnant 18 year old step-sister to pick up baby furniture from a local department store.....and they thought HE was the baby's father!
He said 'No! I'm the GRANDfather!'

But then it gets better.....

Later they go to the movies and again.....someone again referred to him as the father!!!

Now you have to understand my step-dad......very old-school Retired Air Force Sargent, the man who can still kick my step-brother's butts when they wrestle, etc. Mom said he came home fuming "People are so stupid! They're ignorant!"

I told her to just tell him it's because he looks so young! But then I have a feeling that might not go over too well either!
He is only 42 (7 years younger than my mother) but this is his youngest child, not the oldest, but the 'baby!' Plus he's balding and gotten a bit chubby since retiring from the AF.....I just can't see where people got that idea, but ooookkkkaayyyyyyy....
I'm sorry, it just cracks me up!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe they thought your step-dad was starting his 2nd family

Once I waited on an elderly man and a 4 year-old girl; when they left, I told the little girl how nice that she went out to a grown-up restaurant with her grandpa; the man VERY HAUGHTILY told me that not only was he the father, but the girl was 4 and he was 71!!! I calmly apologized for my error, but could not help remarking, after he left - SO?? I'd just seen on the news about a lady who got herself pregnant with a turkey baster!! BUT I accidently spoke out loud, and everyone within earshot was roaring with laughter, and I said, "Oh,did I say that out loud??"

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister and Mom were in town not long after my niece was born. Mom(grandma) was holding the baby. A lady my Mom barely knew came up and cooed over my niece and then turned to my sister and said, "And how are you doing, Grandma?" My sister wasn't too pleased, Mom snickered. It was another instance where people confused the two.

furryferals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not psychic,I just see through people
Oh these are so funny

I saw an old friend a few years ago and said Hiya Paula,how are you ?and started asking her about her baby...she looked at me like I was some kind of crazy and said 'I'm sorry you must be mistaking me for somebody else'
I nearly died
She was spitting image for her

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would love to have seen his face.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would have loved to video it all! My step-dad looks kinda scary when he's mad...I can just picture it....his brown eyes go black (that's how you know he's mad), the eyebrows go together, shoulders get stright....lol!

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
this is all so funny, people tho can get rediculous sometimes, I was always with my brother and the kids and well I would always have the kids and we were at a lake and I had logan my nephew and my niece mind you they are 6 and 3 now, well this was a few years back and so we went up to get ice cream and this lady just walks up to me awe how cute are your little ones how old are they and im thinking lady im 15 i dont have any kids, (I think thats how old I was at the time maybe 16) But I just smiled like no they arent my kids I am the very very young aunt obviously lol!! Although now I am just used to getting told that "my kids" are just so adorable and they look just like me ecspecially emily, and I just go alonf with it now, why argue anymore !!! I was with my mom and my grandma and my niece at the k mart like a year ago I wanna say and this lady comes up to me and my mom talking to me about my niece and saying all this stuff my mom was like no this is not her daughter its her niece and the lady just looked like o0o, my mom was like and I am the grandmother
she admitted that shes a grandma, its soo amazing tho that random people will just come up to u and say the darndest things but its ok emily does look like me and she acts like me which isnt good for my brother
!!!

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, how funny! It probably is better to just let the matter drop, as there isn't anything you could say that wouldn't hurt somebody's feelings...

When I was younger, I had a hideously short haircut and people would always tell my mom that she had such an adorable grandson. Doublezinger! My mom was, say, non-traditional in being 40 when she had me in the mid-80s, and I guess I did look like a boy. Only a couple years later, people would mistake me for my sister's daughter since she's nine years older.

It is obnoxious when people assume they know the family relationships... my best friend was the youngest in her family, until we were in middle school and her baby brother was born. Whenever her and her older brother would take him out to eat, people would look at them in disgust, as though a 15-yr-old really had a three year old son, and some people even said rude things, when actually she was doing something nice and babysitting for a night! I pretty much just keep my mouth shut and never assume anything about who is who's parent, sibling, girlfriend, kid, etc.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Funny story!

My best friend (who is 4' 11'') was in her driveway, very obviously pregnant (at age 29) when a door to door salesman came up and asked her if her mother was home!
She told him "I AM the mother!"

She's also gotten those dirty looks that some rude people
seem to reserve for teenage mothers (even though she's in her mid thirties)

rosey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i got a few of those looks when i was pregnant cause i look younger. I had to take all my rings off because my fingers were swelling and my husband and i went to birthing classes. He had to go to work early that day so missed the class (the only one he missed) and i was in the elevator by myself with my pillow and someone asked "are you giong to class alone?" i said "yes" and everyone went "awwwww"

lol

People though always think that my father in law is my daughter's dad cause they both have fiery red hair...very ackward....even at ballet..when i make a point to call him pawpaw....sheesh! It wasn't until i brought my husband a couple of times that the other moms got the hint..lol

But people also think that my sil is my daughter's mom and she is only 21 but when dd was born, she was only 16 and she got some weird looks. I think she told ppl that it couldn't be her child since she can't have children (infant cancer in her uterus/bladder..another story)...she made sure she made them feel awful for assuming.

marishka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LokisMum

Did you say turkey baster? Who would she list as the father on the birth certificate?
That got me...

Once when I was 17 I went to a dinner with my dad at a church where we didn't know anybody, except for the friend of his that invited us. I was standing behind my dad, with some cookies I was handing him to try, when this lady he was chatting with saw me and asked, "Oh, is this your wife?" I couldn't help it, and starting laughing out loud. He just smiled and said, "Nope, this is my middle daughter. The wife is at home tonight." He loved it though, thinking he looked either young enough for me to be his wife, or that he could still get a young girl if he wanted
My mom still thinks it's hilarious...

candlemaven

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
On several occasions, I've had people assume my dad was my boyfriend. He loved the fact that people thought he was young looking. Once when I was working at a retail store in college, my dad stopped by and was then looking around. One of my co-workers came up to me and said, "Oooh, where'd you meet him?"

Gawd! That's my DAD!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Candlemaven

On several occasions, I've had people assume my dad was my boyfriend. He loved the fact that people thought he was young looking. Once when I was working at a retail store in college, my dad stopped by and was then looking around. One of my co-workers came up to me and said, "Oooh, where'd you meet him?"

Gawd! That's my DAD!
I love my Dad....but it anyone ever thoght he was my DH, I think my skin would turn itself inside out!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

My sister and Mom were in town not long after my niece was born. Mom(grandma) was holding the baby. A lady my Mom barely knew came up and cooed over my niece and then turned to my sister and said, "And how are you doing, Grandma?" My sister wasn't too pleased, Mom snickered. It was another instance where people confused the two.