That's it, we're getting a fake tree next year :)

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My wife and I threw out our tree this morning and decided that next year we're going the fake route
The tree bag we bought was too much of a pain to use, and with Reeses being here this year, we now have even more needles all over the house. I'll probably be vacuuming them up for a year
The last few days she kept trying to climb in the try and that just got them all over the place, plus when she lies under the tree they stick to her and fall off elsewhere in the house. Next year, no more!
We are getting a nice pre-lighted tree so there are no wires for her to play with and no needles to stick to her.

I thought I'd be able to get through this year without going the route that most seem to be doing at Christmas but I guess not. I also can't see presents sitting under the tree..maybe, I want to keep some traditions

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I hate to burst your bubble, but the false trees have "shedding" as well. I have tiny fake needles everywhere for months.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I didn't know that. But they still won't drop needles like a real tree. A few here and there we can tolerate, the amount we had with the real tree was insane.

Not only that but just having to get a real tree, set it up, then find a place to toss it and clean up the mess it makes just from doing that isn't worth it for us

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep fake ones aren't a whole lot better. Phantom had my fake tree destroyed 2 days after i put it up! When i finally took it down the Friday before Christmas I think there were about 6 ornaments left on it and 10 branches left. I keep finding fake needles everywhere. And yes she ate them too cause when I scoop the box they are there! lol3: i don't think I am putting a tree up next year.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

Yep fake ones aren't a whole lot better. Phantom had my fake tree destroyed 2 days after i put it up! When i finally took it down the Friday before Christmas I think there were about 6 ornaments left on it and 10 branches left. I keep finding fake needles everywhere. And yes she ate them too cause when I scoop the box they are there! lol3: i don't think I am putting a tree up next year.
OMG! I loved those pictures that you posted of your tree and the cat climbing in it. Way too cute!!!!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

OMG! I loved those pictures that you posted of your tree and the cat climbing in it. Way too cute!!!!
Yeah it was cute the first day.
Then I would walk into the house and find more and more ornaments had disappeared!
There are 2 missing. I have no idea where they could be! She is my little trouble maker!

ashleigh

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Forget the fake tree, I bought this one new this year because last year the cats destroyed my other, and now I have bent branches, missing branches. shredding ( which i have to keep chasing Indie to get the bits off him) baubles on the floor where they keep running up it and to be honest the tree looks a blooming well state

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Reeses was pretty well behaved with the tree so I know she won't destroy it. The only thing she did the most was knock ornaments off the tree which is no biggie. More than anything it's just the mess of bringing it in and out of the house that we want to avoid.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I hate to burst your bubble, but the false trees have "shedding" as well. I have tiny fake needles everywhere for months.
I have a nice one but yes they do, and the Cats can still tear it up

rosey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
mine barely sheds. I love my fake tree. It's a breeze to put up and clean up and definately not as much needles..actually i really barely have any and i've had this tree for about 4 years.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Mom used to say that she'd vacuum up pine needles until Easter and then she'd vacuum up Easter grass for the rest of the year.