He was waiting for me to wake up...

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
...so he could get some morning love!

Yes, Ferris the semi-feral was on the floor at the foot of my bed this morning, and as soon as I woke up and shut off the alarm clock, he jumped up on my bed - all by himself - and got a very nice scritching session!

Usually he only jumps up on my bed if Ginger is there already, but not today!

He's been very nice to me the last couple of days - do you think it has anything to do with the giant kitty jungle gym that the kits got for Christmas? It has taken over all available open space in the kitchen (good thing I never cook) along with the set of two collapsable, interconnecting cubes that I attached to the play gym.

Ferris has been roaming the "halls" of his new castle for several days, peeking out at me from around corners, LOL. Ginger is quite pleased with it as well, and has discovered that sometimes there are treats or catnip on the very top of it!

I told my roommate that the cats can never, EVER get any more toys,
as there won't be any room in the apartment for humans if we keep spoiling them rotten the way we have been.
(I'm still thinking that two aren't enough, that I need a whole tribe of kitties, but as long as I can only have two according to my lease, two we stay at.)

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's great Betsy! Ferris really seems to be coming around. It's just so rewarding to win the trust of a little one who wasn't ready to accept our love when we took them in to our heart and home.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Awww! Their jungle gym sounds so cool! Where did you find that?
At Target for $30! I learned about it here on TCS first, then just HAD to get one of these for my two.

And these are what I attached to the first level, although the ones I bought are leopard print.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

...so he could get some morning love!

Yes, Ferris the semi-feral was on the floor at the foot of my bed this morning, and as soon as I woke up and shut off the alarm clock, he jumped up on my bed - all by himself - and got a very nice scritching session!

Usually he only jumps up on my bed if Ginger is there already, but not today!
Yay!!!!
He's coming around and really starting to realize that he has a forever home and a meowmy that loves him!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
starting to tear up just reading that! I am SO happy for you Betsy! I know how much you've yearned for Ferris to come around!
PS....that jungle gym is TOO COOL! And what a FAB price too?!?!?! Lucky kitties they are indeed!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup
I'm seriously thinking that it isn't my imagination, he really IS starting to come around, slowly but surely.

Of course, the fact that I'm generous with the treats probably helps, too!
He is SUCH the little treat monster.

Ferris actually spent a little bit of time last night stretched out on the sheepskin on the back of the couch right behind my head, so I offered him my hand and he head-butted it, so of course I had to give scritches - how could I say no to the head-butt!

It's funny, though, because right before I came in the room he was on my roomie's lap, and when I walked in he looked up guiltily, like, "Oh no! Here's she comes! I'm not supposed to be seen being snuggly!" and took off!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
okay, why does my Target not have these things!!!!

Glad Ferris is getting more cuddly with you Betsy! He's such a doll baby