The Little Black Dress?

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone else have a little black dress? You know the dress that you can wear anywhere?

B is under the impression that every girl should have a black dress that they can where for any occassion, at any place. I don't. I haven't really been anywhere "fancy" since high school (prom). After that it's mostly bars and clubs and places that only happen once a year (company christmas party).

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have two depending on the occasion. One is tea length and is very cute; the other is a really simple black slip dress that I can dress up or down. If I were you I'd go get one, you never know when someone is going to invite you to a fancy place.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yup i just made a new one actually and according to the compliments i got on it for its first outting, its a keeper, lol

i think every girl should have a little black dress and a little red dress.

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a couple. But I cant fit in them any more.
I think every girl should have one. They are just so cute!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As long as you don't ask whether it fits, yes, I do.
In fact, it's a lot of years since it has fit, and if I'm realistic I know that I'll never be that size again, but it's a lovely raw silk, and very versatile, so I can't bear to part with it. Silly. These days I seldom wear a skirt or dress, but I do have a long navy dress which covers any occasion I'll ever need a dress for.

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

I always have one, at least, but does it count as "little" if it is long? Seems you have to have one for all occasions, including funerals.
That is the same thing that I was thinking

yorda

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I wouldnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t say I could wear them "any where", but it does make things much less stressful to always have something on hand you could fall back on if something came up last minute or the dress youâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]d gotten for an event was too formal for that occasion.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do have one. I love it because it's a comfortable fabric and it looks good with flip flops or some sexy heels. It's basically a wrap style dress with a bit of side rouching (?sp? Its good for the tummy whatever it is!) and comes just below my knees.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have two. One is a long-sleeved lace one, that buttons all the way down the front and the other is a satin slip dress.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
hmm..interesting, I guess I seem to be the only girl that was never formally introduced to that concept.

My mom didn't have one...actually she hates the color black which is probably why I never got introduced.

so I never saw an urgency for an all occassion dress.

The one he showed me just wasn't my style...it looked too 80s for me. All I could picture was Molly Ringwold in the dress.

enkeli-kitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't have one, I don't think I've ever been to something that you would need to wear a dress!! I wear jeans to everything *laughs* But I do have a black skirt that I made myself. So maybe that half-counts.

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not really a dress person. I have a really hard time finding dresses in my size. Because I'm so tall, the waistlines of most standard dresses seem to fall about 2 or 3 inches above where they are supposed to be... not so much fun.

I do have an all occasion skirt and black shirt that I usually pair with a sexy pair of knee high boots (gotta hide the tattoos for work functions
) and that tends to work out well.

But for the most part I'm a boxers 'n' tank top kind of gal
(Ok, well if I have to leave the house, I'll swap the boxers for jeans)

sandycharm

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I actually have two "little black dresses." You just never know when you're gonna need them and the budget happens to be "tight." One is a little bit more "flirtateous" than the other one, but both are very party ready.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Absolutely! I think everyone should have one! They're perfect for every occassion- and you can switch your syles and moods easily by just adding some jewerly or a cute jacket, or downplay it with flats instead of heels....I LOVE little black dresses! Heck, I love sun dresses too!
/ I also have a little red dress that I love a lot too.
I actually need to buy a new little black dress. My chest grew a bit and I can't fit my boobs into my favorite one anymore
Oh the joys of being a woman

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Absolutely! I think everyone should have one! They're perfect for every occassion- and you can switch your syles and moods easily by just adding some jewerly or a cute jacket, or downplay it with flats instead of heels....I LOVE little black dresses! Heck, I love sun dresses too!
/ I also have a little red dress that I love a lot too.
I actually need to buy a new little black dress. My chest grew a bit and I can't fit my boobs into my favorite one anymore
Oh the joys of being a woman
same thing happened to me.