Well, my landlord is a FREAK!!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, I get home and notice her spouses van is not in the driveway and so I parked on the street not to take his spot...

A few hours later my landlord calls me and says that I can park anywhere I want because her spouse moved out this morning, and I just said "oh!", all surprised and empathetic sounding...so then she starts going into what happened, and why he left and going on and on about their problems....

Uh....I have never talked to her for more then 5 minutes before and CERTAINLY not about personal stuff..

I think she is kind of wacked our or something...she has mentioned she was "sick" before so..I just thought that was weird, and am still kinda shocked that she shared all of that with me

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

So, I get home and notice her spouses van is not in the driveway and so I parked on the street not to take his spot...

A few hours later my landlord calls me and says that I can park anywhere I want because her spouse moved out this morning, and I just said "oh!", all surprised and empathetic sounding...so then she starts going into what happened, and why he left and going on and on about their problems....

Uh....I have never talked to her for more then 5 minutes before and CERTAINLY not about personal stuff..

I think she is kind of wacked our or something...she has mentioned she was "sick" before so..I just thought that was weird, and am still kinda shocked that she shared all of that with me
She probably doesn't have a nice bunch of people like on TCS to vent to!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

She probably doesn't have a nice bunch of people like on TCS to vent to!
Seriously, I would go nuts without you guys to vent to..

gizmocat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, it sounds like she needed someone to talk to.

As long as she doesn't suddenly decide 'cats can't live in the apartment!'

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

People can get weird in such stressful situations - and some people are naturally more open than others anyway.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Satai

People can get weird in such stressful situations - and some people are naturally more open than others anyway.

People are weird in stressful situations. Not wanting to make her sound bad, people (in general) are willing to tell the sob story of why they broke things off with another....especially the first day or two after the event.

I.e. if you take you friend out who just got dumped that day, more likely she's going to get drunk and tell everyone in the bar what happened to her, rather than if you wait a couple of days to let her cry it out and then take her out.

Plus I'm sure that you're the nice, quiet person and well, the nice quiet people tend to get the gossip.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EricaNicole

I agree.
I think we all know people like that.

Maybe you and her can be bestest buddies now..LOL!! TURN YOUR PHONE OFF
Hmmm, maybe I should become friends with her..now we are both lonely..

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My wife and I bought our house directly from the seller, and when we were meeting with them to make an offer, after we sealed the deal, the seller was taking my wife around and showing her the house again. She then out of the blue told her that her fiance (who was in the house at the time and who had showed us the house initially) had terminal cancer. That was awkward for my wife I'm sure.

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

You, of all people, calling someone else a freak....
LOL!
Poor Natalie!

Seriously though, she was probably so stressed out by the situation that she was willing to talk it all out to the first friendly face that would listen.
Being stressed out and needing to vent isn't so weird.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes people just want to talk to someone they don't know that well - it can be more difficult talking to friends or family than it can a stranger, you can just offload without having anyone telling you what you should be doing! Yeah it may seem a little odd, but it might have been easier offloading onto you than onto nearest and dearest!

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some people just need to vent so badly they'll just talk to whoever comes along first. She was probably just upset. Kind of sucks to break up right after Christmas. Poor woman

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't call her a freak...it sounds like she just needed a friend and knew you were a sweet nice person and she could confide in you
Everyone needs somebody to talk to now and then

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Hmm...so what happens if they get back together?

Or did the breakup sound very final?
Not sure if they will get back together...the whole issue was that he was going to singles clubs and was telling her he was going to church.....then he told her when she found out that they "were just friends"...Uuuuuuuuuuuh?
Weird eh?

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Not sure if they will get back together...the whole issue was that he was going to singles clubs and was telling her he was going to church.....then he told her when she found out that they "were just friends"...Uuuuuuuuuuuh?
Weird eh?
That would be FINAL in my book.