Saving a kitty on Christmas (pics too!)

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alright you guys!
I've got a heart warming story for you!!!!

Christmas Eve dan and I were on our way to his grandmothers house and he heard a weird sound by his wheel while driving (no its not what you think) so well pull into the gas station parking lot only blocks from our home.
He gets out to check his car and is enchanted by this kitty cry. he turns around to see a little gray kitty(about 7-9months) crying on the door steps to the local vets office located right next to the gas station. He tells me and i get out to check and see if she is ok. SHe is sitting,shaking and crying as if she was terrified to be out alone. No one was around and the office was closed. It looked as if someone had just dropped her off and hoped the vet would open up and take her. You guys know how that can go.

I let her smell me and then i petted her. she was all toooooo happy to see me

I pick her up and bring her to dan. He shakes his head NO WAY and tell me not to even let her in the car. I told him while petting her I looked in her ears and saw no traces of mites and did a quick once over for fleas. She was alright. and trust me she was very affectionate so I just had to do something.

I took her home, set up the dog kennel in the basement (dan wouldnt allow her in our home) with a litter box, a bathroom rug, some yummy food and a blanket.

I called everyone i knew and no one could take her. I called my best girlfriend who wanted cat and she said she would take her. I was soooo happy. I mean this poor girl was way to sweet to be left alone on the vets door step. later that evening my friend called and said she was having second thoughts and was going to pass on taking her in.
I was crushed. I spent a lot of time in the basement with her playing, cuddling and talking with her..heck i was falling for her!
I even called her Fancy!

she had cute little feet that when she walked it looked like she had on hi-heels.

anyways....
I went to the gas station on Christmas and asked if anyone came in asking about the lost cat and she said no...and of course the Humane Society was closed. All i kept thinking was someone dropped her off there and she was soooooo scared and how unfair that was.

About 1 hour after i returned from the gas station my girlfriend called me and said she decided that this was the gift for her! and that she wanted her and could offer her what she needed most LOVE!!! I was soo happy. I went down stairs and gave her the good news, a little brushing, and got the cat carrier ready with two christmas bows placed on it.

My friend called me with an update. she said she loves her already. She says she loves to play in her litter pan(you all know about that
), snuggle up on the bed and even spent the night sleeping next to her all curled up on a pillow. It was a match made for Christmas. she hasnt picked out a name yet but I offered suggestions. We will see. She went out this afternoon to buy her some goodies and a cat collar with her address and number so she will never have to go trough what she did on christmas eve again.

I am glad to see this pretty kitty found a home. I might have placed her too early but I know now she has a loving home with someone who adores her and will take care of her forever! This was a great christmas present for all three of us!!!

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a great Christmas story!
It's wonderful that you and your friend were able to help this kitty. As you said, someone probably dumped her at the vet's office. She's a beautiful little girl. I hope she has a long and happy life with your friend. Hugs to all.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
How wonderful, especially on Christmas...bless you for helping her.

Either the person who left the cat is an !($(*%*%, or they grossly misunderstood the vet's instructions about "Dropping off the cat" for surgery, and took it literally :-) I'd love to send those jerks to my idea for a reality tv show: Animal Abuser Survivor! They have to strip naked, and are left out in the Alaska wilderness in the dead of winter, with no food, etc., and have to survive...maybe then they'd understand how cruel it is to do this to animals...

MargeCat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MargeCat

How wonderful, especially on Christmas...bless you for helping her.

Either the person who left the cat is an !($(*%*%, or they grossly misunderstood the vet's instructions about "Dropping off the cat" for surgery, and took it literally :-) I'd love to send those jerks to my idea for a reality tv show: Animal Abuser Survivor! They have to strip naked, and are left out in the Alaska wilderness in the dead of winter, with no food, etc., and have to survive...maybe then they'd understand how cruel it is to do this to animals...

MargeCat

ohh thats funny!
I hear those Alaskan Moose are very very friendly

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by EricaNicole

snuggle up on the bed and even spent the night sleeping next to her all curled up on a pillow. It was a match made for Christmas
ohmy this brought tears to my eyes
Originally Posted by EricaNicole

with her address and number so she will never have to go trough what she did on christmas eve again
bless you & your friend. What a wonderful wonderful story!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a sweet little kitty she is. Bless you and your friend for helping her. It's beyond me what kind of cruel, ignorant person could just dump a sweet creature like that. I'm so glad this story had a happy ending. Thanks for helping this beautiful cat!

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
what a wonderful heart-warming excellent bit of news
I wont comment here about the people who left that pretty little girl

Phew..........how "lucky" that you were passing and that you are such a caring person to stop and take her in

I am so glad she has a new forever home and it sounds like they are the perfect match

you are all just so great

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree, that is a very wonderful story.

God certainly knew what he was doing when he put you there at the same time as that beautiful little kitty.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations to you and your friend for helping her and giving her a home. She looks as if she will be a great addtion to your frined's household.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went over to see my friend this weekend, and I spent sometime with Kitty.
She is doing great! My friend named her Nala! She has a cute pink litter pan, food dish and kitty bed. A bunch of toy and a collar!!! She loves to be petted and since it was New Years weekend I didnt want to travel home late at night so I crashed at her place I got to hang out with her. Nala likes cuddling at night and being snuggley close to you. She LOVES catnip, so I bought her one of those scratching box things with catnip...she went insane! She has taken over my friends pink blanket and prefers that over most spots in the house.

I am very happy for Nala and my friend, its what they both needed!

2dogmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like you were a Christmas angel for both Nala and your friend! What a sweet story, thanks for posting. It is nice to hear something GOOD!!

trixtersmomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

What a beautiful story! Bless your heart! Thank you so much for saving this precious little Christmas angel! I was going to suggest either Angel or Lucky for a name, but Nala is beautiful!

I don't understand how people can so easily disregard an innocent life. It's beyond me. Thank God you were there to save her!!!