Getting my hair cut!

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im so incredibly nervous. Im getting my hair cut today and lets just say the last time I got it cut not by my mom or sister it was a disaster. I dont know how I want it cut. And I told this guy (Ive seen his work) that he can do whatever he wants as long as its not to short. But now I dont know if I truly feel that way.
How do you guys think I should cut it? Heres what it looks like now. Im really scared.
If I dont like it Ill be stuck with it for awhile. Anyone have any ideas on how it would look cute? This was taken about 6 months ago but my hair is about the same legnth now.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think you should try it out!

You may not like it at first by why not try out different hairstyles?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is your hair very thick? I'd say cut some cute layers into it! I bet it'll look great when your finished!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

I think you should try it out!

You may not like it at first by why not try out different hairstyles?
Thanks. My one and only haircut I ever got was in my wild druggie days and umm it was awful. Short and CRAZY! So I want something different but now crazy. Im just really nervous. I wish I knew what he was going to do to me!

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Is your hair very thick? I'd say cut some cute layers into it! I bet it'll look great when your finished!
Yes its very very very thick. Im like layers but I dont want it really choppy like some people do it.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with layers! I think it will look nice with layers. Be brave. your stylist knows what will look good with your face shape and all that. Mine turned out good when I told my stylist to do what she wants and gave her the length. I wanted.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 4crazycats

Yes its very very very thick. Im like layers but I dont want it really choppy like some people do it.
Just have him put some soft layers in it... I bet it would be super cute!
I wouldn't do anything super drastic, since your so worried!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My hair is similar to yours, and my fave cut was this one:

The layers weren't too choppy but were all turned out at the ends in different directions and the rest straightened

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My hair is currently about 1- 1 1/2" long & spiked in back/front(not punky, nice looking).....so I don't know that I have any useful advice! Maybe you should do a google search for haircut pics & see what pops up that you like!

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

My hair is currently about 1- 1 1/2" long & spiked in back/front(not punky, nice looking).....so I don't know that I have any useful advice! Maybe you should do a google search for haircut pics & see what pops up that you like!
Mine was sorta like that but multi colored and spiked everywhere. Did not look good with my face shape and color. Alot of people can pull it off though. I bet it looks good on you!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Amber as long as you give the hairdresser the basic things you DON'T want..then let him do what he wants..He will know what will look good on you, and you make not have even thought of that style.

So, tell him "not too short, so I can put it up still, and "no bangs"....or whatever you really don't want..and he will work wonders!! (Those are my rules..LOL)

Good luck!

alexa

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
how exciting! I'd be nervous too. My hair is about the same length as yours and also very thick. I am determined to get it all cut off after the wedding but I don't know if I'll have the nerve to go through with it. But mine grows so quickly anyway, no matter what I do it'll grow out soon if I really don't like it

Good luck - looking forward to seeing some pics.

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
GO FOR IT!!!

new year..new do!!!!

I think possible layers in the front with stuttle ones in the back.
I'll join you in the club for Thick haired gals! Getting new hair styles/cuts are not always easy...do a something safe for now and if you feel like you can add a little something extra, then go for a little more. ya know....playing it safe.

I bet no matter what you do you'll look fantastic!!!!

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok well I LOVE IT!
John loves it too. He says it really softens my face up. The hair dresser said I had very pretty hair. And he was HOT!
Just dont tell John.
Its soft long layers as he says. He took off about an inch too. Here a pic. You really cant tell very well but it looks awesome. I love it. Next time I think Im going to go with a bit more noticable. He kept laughing at me because I kept squeeling and he said he would go easy on me this time. LOL You can actualy tell I have curly hair now! Here you go. Not the greatest pic and I look huge in it. But I suppose thats because I am.
Anyways. Not the best quality. I took them with my camera phone since my camera cant download.

Heres a better one.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Looks great! You hair looks really similar to my cousin's. Her's looks about the same color, and is also curly and thick. She grew her's out for her wedding a few years ago and it did drag it down a bit. Now it's probably 2" shorter than yours...and a weird red....

BTW....thanks for kinda adding in a pic of lava girl!

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

It looks great! It really does soften up your face, very pretty!!
Thanks.
John loves it and wont stop messing with it. I keep catching him staring at me.

Originally Posted by enkeli-kitten

It looks great!!! I love the way your hair curls at the ends.
Thanks I love it to. I forgot how nice it is to have shorter hair. I love how it curls up!

Originally Posted by ClaireBear

It looks great.
Thanks!
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Very nice Amber!!
Thanks I love it! Very happy I let him do it.
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Looks great! You hair looks really similar to my cousin's. Her's looks about the same color, and is also curly and thick. She grew her's out for her wedding a few years ago and it did drag it down a bit. Now it's probably 2" shorter than yours...and a weird red....

BTW....thanks for kinda adding in a pic of lava girl!
Thank you! The guy that did my hair was amazed at how much I had. He said hed never worked on hair so thick. It never does what I want and I can only use certain hair things or they wont hold.
But when its looking good it looks really good. And right now its good.
I figured I should leave the belly in there for you guys. Even if it isnt a side view. Glad you liked it.