I got 2 new Kittens!!!

shamile

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone!! I hope everyone had a great Holiday! This past weekend I got 2 cute little kittens! I am so excited. But They don't want to come near me or my husband
I mean when they are sleeping on the couch and we get near to pet them they stay, but when they are on the floor and we want to pick them up so they can get use to us, they run away from us. I never had kittens that were so scared. What can I do to make them comfortable and wanting love from us??

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Shamile!!!

Welcome to TCS! Don't be too alarmed that your little kittens are a bit leary. They are in a new environment, and that takes time for them to get used to where they are, and also who they are with. (think of them like children
they are scared and away from their momma and their "normal" routine) My best advice would be to be very patient, be slow moving, and use caution. Sudden fast moves could startle them, and don't pick them up yet (unless necessary) if they are not yet comfortable....let them come to you! Once they feel safe & secure they will be running between your feet & tripping you in no time!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

takes time for them to get used to where they are, and also who they are with. (think of them like children
they are scared and away from their momma and their "normal" routine)
Not to mention we are towering giants to them!!! I'd be scared if something 10,000 times larger than me tried to pick me up too, LOL

Congrats on the babies! I agree. Just give them time to get used to the place. Play with them with dangly type toys and keep petting them while they are curled up near you sleeping.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shamile

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for all the advice! I will let you guys know how it turns out! They are so cute! We have named them Jada and Bella. They are 2months old and they are sisters. I will try to put some pics of them up. They look like cows
They have black patches on them. Anyways thanks again I will keep you guys posted!!! Happy New year!!!!!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by shamile

Thank you for all the advice! I will let you guys know how it turns out! They are so cute! We have named them Jada and Bella. They are 2months old and they are sisters. I will try to put some pics of them up. They look like cows
They have black patches on them. Anyways thanks again I will keep you guys posted!!! Happy New year!!!!!
I'm sure you are now figureing out that not only do they look like cows, but they eat like them, too!
Congrats on the new additions...can't wait for pics!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

omg, I
those names! If I ever have a daughter I am naming her Bella!

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They need time to adjust is all! BTW I love the name Jada. I have a Jada myself though shes not a cat. Shes a beagle. And welcome to TCS!

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Welcome to the Cat Site! Congrats to you and your husband and the girls.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey there, welcome to TCS!!

You just need to give your kitties some time to get used to you..I have ahd my cat for 2 years and she still hates being picked up

Good luck!!

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

YAY! Cow cats! I love cow cats
Please post photos of them
I have one, he is in my signature below

They will take a little time to settle in and get used to you, the best thing is not to approach them, let them come to you in their own time. They will soon start to be less afraid when the surroundings are familiar
But also kittens do like to play games where they run away and hide and then leap out at you, so when they are used to their new home you may find you still have trouble catching them! Try to learn their body language so that you know when they are afraid and when they are playing

enkeli-kitten

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They sound so cute!!!! <3

Like the others said just give them time. When my family got two kittens it took them a few days to settle in - as kittens they will probably like a secure place to sleep and retreat where they know they won't be disturbed, ours loved a small cardboard box with a hole cut in. To get them used to your scent you can cushion the box with old worn t-shirts and they'll soon identify your scents with security.
At first they might prefer you to your husband, because a female voice is higher and a cat's hearing is more attuned to the higher registers of sound.

sandycharm

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Give it time and your two new family members will come up to you and seek loving attention. When we first took home Tommie, it took him a few days to get used to me. When I would try to get close to him to pet him or hold him, he would run away from me. I felt kinda sad that he wasn't warmed up to me and didn't want me near him. Now Tommie seeks my attention and loves being with me. How old are your kitten?

shamile

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone!! Well I have to say that Jada and Bella have def come around. They come to me and rub against my leg and they come to me when I get home. Jada is a little bit scared and Bella doesnt even care anymore. They will come and sleep next to us. I am so happy!! I have the pics. I just have to find a way to put them up. I will do it now. Take care everyone!!!!

shamile

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
just letting you know i put pics up of bella and jada in the fur pics forum. hopefully I did it right. I still dont know how to do the sig with their pics.