Can anyone offer advice?

xxmistyxx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hiya, in august my cat Misty gave birth to 3 kittens, we kept two and one went to my friend, we kept a male and a female.
Since Misty has gave birth we have kept her indoors until she gets neutered, Its december and ashe will be neteured in january along with the kittens. well about two weeks ago she got out and disappeared for two days, she has been in ever since but for the last five days she keeps hissing and trying to claw both of the kittens, especially the female. We are really worried about this and i would like to know if anything can be done to prevent it, or if there is a reason as to why she is doing this.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thnaks sadie

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she got out and if she was in heat, she may have been bred again. If she is pregnant, this may be her way of warning off the other kittens to make room for her new litter. Can you tell if she is pregnant?

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would get her into the vet. There is a great possibility that she is pregnant again. The vet will advise you on what to do.

larke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it's more likely she's doing what every mother cat does at some point - deliberately kick her kids out of the nest to allow them to become more independent. It's natural and nothing to worry about. Even if she's pregnant again, it's unlikely she'd have symptoms so early on.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If she was gone for 2 days, it's more than likely she is pregnant again. Either that or she may be coming into heat. A vet visit is probably best.

Also you might want to keep the male kitten away from her, soon he will try and mate with her. I've read some stories on this board about 5 month old males becoming dads.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by missymotus

If she was gone for 2 days, it's more than likely she is pregnant again. Either that or she may be coming into heat. A vet visit is probably best.

Also you might want to keep the male kitten away from her, soon he will try and mate with her. I've read some stories on this board about 5 month old males becoming dads.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xxmistyxx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thank you all for your advice, dont worry they will be booked into the vets sharpish. hopefully she didnt get pregnant she wasnt showing signs of heat prior to her escape! i will keep you all updated on the situation.

vik61

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Such a shame they won't neuter kittens sooner. I can't imagine my five month old males mating, they seem like innocent babies, but then they've been neutered since they were two pounds...

My female adult cat is always swatting the kittens in the head, but it doesn't really hurt them. Is she actually using her claws???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xxmistyxx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The young female had a mark on her neck it was ony small but we dont know if the mum did it or not as her and her brother play fight alot. the mother hisses at them and stuff but if you call her name she stops, but the other night she was cleaning bothe of her kittens so it is really weird she cant make up her mind