TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › I don't know how i did it- but now the whole thing is in Japanese! IPod Help???
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I don't know how i did it- but now the whole thing is in Japanese! IPod Help???

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
Uhhh! So call me a little electronically challenged....but at the moment, i'm just frusterated. So Colin gave me a lovely new I pod for Christmas. I love it! It's black and silver and he got all the accessories to go with it. Unfortunately, the phamplet that came with it is not very big nor does it answer one of the questions i currently am perplexed by. How to change the language. Here's what happened. I put the cd disk in my computer, and then turned my IPod on. Then I pluged the IPod into my computer so that I could start going through the steps to set it up. On the main menue of the IPod, it first showed the different languages to choose from. The first one listed was English....then next one was Japanese. I clicked the FFW button thinking that I was choosing English as my main language. Unfortunately- clicking that button (which apparently isn't the one I was supposed to click) made the whole IPod's primary language Japanese!So here's my problem! I can't speak, write, or comprehend Japanese....therefore, I can't figure out how to get my IPod back to the screen it needs to be on so that I can change the language back to English. Would any of you kind people with an IPod mind trying to walk me through this? I would really appreciate the help!
post #2 of 18
If you have iTunes 7 (and you should), you can plug that puppy into the computer and hit "restore" on the little iPod menu (you'll find that when you highlight "Nikki's iPod" or whatever you've chosen to call it, on the sidebar in iTunes) and it'll restore it to factory settings, which SHOULD put it back into English.

WHAT MIGHT BE EASIER is to grab the iPod and get back to the Main Menu (keep hitting your menu button until it goes doesn't change any more, I guess, would determine you've reached the main menu) and on the iPod I have (60GB Video iPod)"Settings" is the 5th line on the main menu. "Languages" is 3rd from the bottom in the "settings" menu and "English" is the first option in the "Languages" menu. If you understand what I'm telling you to do (I feel like I'm badly articulating it), this might be the easiest way.
post #3 of 18
Oh Nikki Im sorry and I dont know any info on how to help you, but I just had to say .......... I do hope someone can help you.
post #4 of 18
i dont know ipods at all. but i can read some japanese
if you mail it to me, i put it back into enlgish for you.

Good luck. i am sure you will get it working
post #5 of 18
Thread Starter 
Thankyou! Thankyou! Thankyou! It's all back in English now! You're awesome! Thanks for helping me out tonight. I'm still trying to figure out the whole IPod (i'm sooo excited about it!) but it definitely didn't help when I put the whole thing in Japanese
post #6 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR View Post
Thankyou! Thankyou! Thankyou! It's all back in English now! You're awesome! Thanks for helping me out tonight. I'm still trying to figure out the whole IPod (i'm sooo excited about it!) but it definitely didn't help when I put the whole thing in Japanese
PM me if you need any help. I've had 3 generations of iPod now (they REALLY help in my field...music, go figure) so I've been using some of the cool tricks and stuff for a while...although, for most of those I only know how to do them on a Mac. But if you need anything, PM me.

Oh, and if it freezes (and they sometimes do) hit Menu and the Center button at the same time for 6 seconds and that'll reset it (not restore it, but reset it, so you'll still have all your stuff on there)
post #7 of 18
Eh! Don't worry....my Mom put her Cell phone in Spanish back when it was just getting common to have them. She was so embarassed she wouldn't call my stepdad (who is fluent, his parent's are from Puerto Rico and raised them in the language) and ask for his help! She couldn't comprehend it but fortunately she and a co-worker had the same phone, so they got it straightend out!
post #8 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionessrampant View Post
PM me if you need any help. I've had 3 generations of iPod now (they REALLY help in my field...music, go figure) so I've been using some of the cool tricks and stuff for a while...although, for most of those I only know how to do them on a Mac. But if you need anything, PM me.

Oh, and if it freezes (and they sometimes do) hit Menu and the Center button at the same time for 6 seconds and that'll reset it (not restore it, but reset it, so you'll still have all your stuff on there)
Thankyou soooo much for your help! / I definitely feel you as far as MUID goes- I have just about everything a musician would love on my pc...but the one thing i didn't have was an IPod....so Colin suprised me with one this year. I'm totally loving it now that we got it out of Japanese / I've already got all my music on it There's WAYYYYY more where that came from Thanks again for the help and tips!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles View Post
Eh! Don't worry....my Mom put her Cell phone in Spanish back when it was just getting common to have them. She was so embarassed she wouldn't call my stepdad (who is fluent, his parent's are from Puerto Rico and raised them in the language) and ask for his help! She couldn't comprehend it but fortunately she and a co-worker had the same phone, so they got it straightend out!
Now that i've done before! When I first got me orgional cell phone I set the whole darn thing in Portugese Which I couldn't speak a lick of- but i eventually figured it out. / I've also set my phone in Spanish by accident before lol...but fortunately- that is one language I can read and understand farily well- so i was able to set it back with no hitches lol your mom sounds a little electronically challenged like me sometimes Gotta love that
post #9 of 18
Same thing happened with Justice's MP3 player on his birthday. I just kept hitting buttons till it changed
post #10 of 18
StarryEyedTiger, which iPod did you get? My bf bought me one for xmas as well, a 30 gig black video iPod. I feel like I've put a ton of music on it (and I've put a few videos too) and I've still only used 2 gigs.. it's great I got an adapter for the car, and I love having ALL my music in the car without having to risk bringing my cds in the car (or lug a bunch of cds around). iPods are great

lionessrampant, I'd like to hear some of your iPod tips? I have a PC though...
post #11 of 18
I did the exact same thing once with my friend's cellphone!! I was looking around it, hit the wrong button and changed it to Japanese and she was so mad but luckily in my class was a Japanese exchange student who sorted it all out...phew!! I couldn't stop laughing but my friend didn't see the funny side!!
post #12 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadian girl View Post
StarryEyedTiger, which iPod did you get? My bf bought me one for xmas as well, a 30 gig black video iPod. I feel like I've put a ton of music on it (and I've put a few videos too) and I've still only used 2 gigs.. it's great I got an adapter for the car, and I love having ALL my music in the car without having to risk bringing my cds in the car (or lug a bunch of cds around). iPods are great ..
He got me the same exact one as you- it's a black video iPod!! That is too funny! I'm soooo excited because it holds a TON of gigs! And I have more than a normal amount of music stored on my pc / He also got me a case and a RoadTrip IPod thing for my car - he said he origionally ordered me the Nano one....got it in the mail and then shipped it back- it didn't hold as much memory, and it was realllllllly small. Plus the one he wound up getting me has the video and all on it! I love it! And it stores a lot of memory.
post #13 of 18
i have a plain simple shuffle and i love it

glad you like your present!
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR View Post
your mom sounds a little electronically challenged like me sometimes Gotta love that
She gets it from my Grandma....who I have seen get at the answering machine while trying to play back a message!
post #15 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles View Post
She gets it from my Grandma....who I have seen get at the answering machine while trying to play back a message!
Too funny! Haha, now that i've got the darn thing out of Japanese, i'm really enjoying it! I have a ton of music on it now and have programed a lot of stuff I wanna start putting movies/videos on there too- but i'm not sure how long that will take today- we're supposed to go to alabama at some point today Uhhhh a 6 hour road trip does NOT sound appealing right now
post #16 of 18
Well at least you've got some good music for the trip! My boss was trying to download as much as possible the other day for her flight to South Africa. (For her brother's wedding! Sounds sooooo cool!)
post #17 of 18
I got a pink ipod nano!its like paper thin!!!
using itunes 7 should set you straight like someone else suggested....yes i had to use it too...those things can be tricky.ALRIGHT ALRIGHT i'm technology challanged!! its really not to tricky once you get the hang of it.
I havent listened to it yet up i was able to upload my cds on it and download a few songs from the itunes store this morning.

pretty neat device.
I'll use it for the gym (my new years resolution is to tack better care of my stomach and work out again) and those car rides with dan when he insists on playing the same 2 cds over and over again.
post #18 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaNicole View Post
pretty neat device.
I'll use it for the gym (my new years resolution is to tack better care of my stomach and work out again) and those car rides with dan when he insists on playing the same 2 cds over and over again.
Yup! That's what i'm gonna use it for tomorrow We're supposed to drive to Alabama tomorrow to see Colins family- so i'm gonna take the iPod and my Road Trip thinge he got me so we can listen to it I've already stored a TON of music on it We should be good I hope you love yours too!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › I don't know how i did it- but now the whole thing is in Japanese! IPod Help???