dyed my hair red

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your hair looks great!

I am a natural blonde, but a year or so ago I decided that I wanted red hair, too. I was so sick of the bottle-blondes walking around with the same color hair as me.
It's not that I wanted to stick out, I just wanted to look different.

Unfortunately, my hair is so light that it takes the dye a little too well and I end up bright orange-red. It fades to a nice color though, but by then, I have roots that look very strange against the red. Currently, I'm letting my hair grow out again.

Anyway, it looks wonderful.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cute! I happen to be partial to red-heads, though I have no business being one! I'll leave that to DH, his mother, sister, and my wayyyyy tooooo adorable niece and nephew!

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Until 2 years ago I dyed my hair every 6 months since I was 18 yrs old. The day I moved out of my mothers home I went and bought perminate dye. I'm one of the ones that wanted to go blonde. But since my hair has natural red highlights it turned about the color you have now. I couldn't get it to go any lighter. I tried black one time and I looked like a goth. Which just isn't the look for me.

So I decided to go all natural again. It still hasn't grown out all the way. My hair use to grow fast but it's slown down considerably. I guess all that hair dye over the years can cause that.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abigail

my mother was a redhead , now I am too

and luckily my husband loves it.
Diana It looks great on you
Pretty much anyone can wear red it's just finding the right red, It's one of the most popular colors anymore. I am a natural Blonde and I have wore my hair red for over 40 years, When I went to beauty school you pretty much wind up trying everything and I have never gotten tired of the red.
I use L'oreal Feria Ruby Rush is is really a pretty color, I like mine a tad on the darker red side. I alway's do my own because I have really short hair ... It's not true that blondes have more fun anyway

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"halfpint" I am a natural blonde too and I perfer a dark red right now tho my hair is intense auburn but I thought it would of turned out darker, everyone likes me with really dark hair or blonde hair but any tips anyone on here on how to keep red from fading so much??? "Abigail" I love the hair it looks really cute !! That picture all together is soo cute with you and the kittie
but your hair does look great !!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very nice! I love red hair.

I was born with carrot orange hair and over time it went to blonde to dark blonde to dark brown and then auburn with lots of coppery highlights.

When it was in the coppery highlight stage I was in high school and used to be teased about having red hair (was very obvious in the sunshine). So I used to dye it ash brown to get rid of the red.

Finally one day after years of colouring my hair and deciding that I liked my natural colour after all I grew it out and found that my hair was now a dull mousey brown colour without coppery highlights.
So now I colour it red too, LOL

I use an auburn from "L'Image" and it looks pretty close to this:

http://www.gilbertboxleitner.com/mel...otional/m3.jpg

EDIT:

By the way, that picture you posted is post card perfect! I absolutely love your fireplace and mantle and the tree location accentuates it. Beautiful!

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ProudKittieMom

"halfpint" I am a natural blonde too and I perfer a dark red right now tho my hair is intense auburn but I thought it would of turned out darker, everyone likes me with really dark hair or blonde hair but any tips anyone on here on how to keep red from fading so much??? "Abigail" I love the hair it looks really cute !! That picture all together is soo cute with you and the kittie
but your hair does look great !!
Well I know that they make shampoo for red heads
I have never tried it but I guess it probably does help they color stay longer, they have a red tint to them. I do mine about every 5 or 6 weeks, The L'oreal colors are really quit good I find they don't fade as quickly

cdubbie

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Your thread made me laugh - b/c I had my red hair dyed brown on Saturday! No one has said anything so I'm thinking it didnt take well - my colorist said it would take a few sessions to cover the red.

I'm glad you are happy with your results.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abigail

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Latitude: 45° 31' North Longitude: 122° 39' We
Thanks for the feedback on the hair. I used loreal copper blast temporary color and when it fades I will do a permanent, but maybe someone can tell me which permanet feria color is closest to that copper blast.

I even cut my own hair this time. saving mega bucks. My hair is starting to look the color of Abi's fur ( it was unconscious I promise) and thanks for mentioning the room. It's our den where the TV is, the living room is smaller with a woodstove and we use it for playing games reading chatting. the den is where we LIVE.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Diana, They may have that color in permanent, if not I would get the closest one, Yours looks fairly light as I prefer darker. You can look at a chart and you may be able to find one on line. L'Oreal.com ... Or they usually have them in the store next to those products, I really do like the Fiera the colors are more !! Good Luck