I think we're a whole family now.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Since Mojo's eye has cleared up, we decided to try the screen door as the next phase of introductions. And we were amazed at how well it went! Within an hour or so, Trent was there calling for Mojo to come see him, even though he was a bit wary when she rambunctiously ran up to him.

Well, Mojo being a kitten, she managed to slip out of the door before we were really ready to move to face to face intros, but apparently she knew what she was doing.
She came nose to nose with both Ginger and Trent on different occassions, and there wasn't any hostility from any of them!
I was amazed!

Well, we did corral Mojo back into her room with the screen door up, but she and Ginger decided they should play anyway.

So, we figured that we would try more face to face, supervised interaction. It didn't take long before Ginger and Mojo were playing with the same toy with us!

Then Trent decided he better come see what was going on too. (He's hanging back a little bit by the door.)

So, Mojo has been out with us most of the day. Even Ophelia has been reacting really well to her. She's followed Mojo around a sniffed her, and has growled and hissed a couple of times, but seems OK with her overall.

Mojo has been THRILLED with having the whole house to run around in, and run around she has! She's been a very busy kitten today, which has made for a very tired little baby.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sweet Mojo! You've wrapped the whole family, human AND feline, around your little paw!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my goodness Mojo, you are home and you and everyone there knows it.
I cant wait to see the video your Mommy promised us.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Oh my goodness Mojo, you are home and you and everyone there knows it.
I cant wait to see the video your Mommy promised us.
Well, I took the video, and I can see it on my camera...but it won't download right to my computer. I hear the sound, but there is no picture.
I wish it was the other way around because there doesn't need to be any sound.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Well, I took the video, and I can see it on my camera...but it won't download right to my computer. I hear the sound, but there is no picture.
I wish it was the other way around because there doesn't need to be any sound.
Ohhhh I wish I was PC literate so I could help you
There must be a solution

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, great pics! Glad they are getting along so well!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Mojo is a special little kitten, isn't she? I'm glad Ophelia is doing so well with all of the changes she's been through. What a wonderful Christmas for you all.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

Mojo is a special little kitten, isn't she? I'm glad Ophelia is doing so well with all of the changes she's been through. What a wonderful Christmas for you all.
I'm thinking that it was a most fortuitous time to bring Mojo in -- when Ophelia has just come to the realization that the arrival of another kitty is NOT the end of the world and she is JUST as loved as ever. Much easier for her to relax (other than the odd token hiss
) and just get acquainted.

At any rate -- the darned fine Christmas present, I'd say.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
An excellent Christmas present indeed! And yes, Mojo really is a very special little girl.

Mojo wants to be friends with Ophelia so badly.
She's not sure what to think of Trent, and the feeling is mutual.
Trent seems to be thinking ":censor::censor::censor:? It's a Mini-Me!" and Mojo seems to be thinking "He's so BIG!"
Ginger is actually having the hardest time accepting her, though she was the first to play with her. I think Ginger is a little insecure about another kitty coming into her home, so I've been making sure to give her a lot of loves to reassure her that Meowmy still loves her very much.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Mojo wants to be friends with Ophelia so badly.
Carly tries with Much all of the time and I feel so sorry for her when Much just hisses.

You realize that we will need more pictures of your wonderful crew.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's awesome that she's settling in so well!!! I daresay it won't be long before they're all best of friends

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lovely pics of your crew!!, it's great to see that they have taken the first steps towards becoming a close knit fur family