Chirstmas Dinner

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What's for Christmas dinner?

DH and I ordered Chinese! We were supposed to go to my Dad's and have Prime Rib, but I'm settling for General Tso's Chicken and Crab Rangoon.

For desert? Fortune Cookies!

This is going to be a Christmas to remember that's for sure!

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think John and I are going with chinese too. Im supposed to be going to the movies with some friends later. But Im not sure since John is sick.

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well we didn't get a traditional Thanksgiving dinner. So that's basically what I'm doing for today.

Turkey
Ham
Trail beans (Baked beans w/ bear)
Mac n Cheese
Mashed Potato's & Gravy. No instant stuff either.
Bicuits
Deviled Eggs
Corn on the cob.
And 3 different pies.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're going to the In Laws, so all I have to make is my "famous" salad. AND I don't have to clean first! Whew.

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are having turkey, ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, deviled eggs, green bean casserole again lol, pumkin pie and cookies.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well last night we went to my Youngest daughters and we had Chinese
Actually it was great, I haven't gone anywhere on a Holiday for years, I always do the cooking.
Today were haveing Prime Rib, Baked Tatos, Salad, Green beans, some veggie goodies, deviled eggs etc & Rolls, Pumpkin Cheese Cake, Choclate cake and some Cookies and such. There will be 10 of us here at the house I am the master cheif as usual.
No Tree though and by golly I am sending the cats to Tree Boot Camp before next year
I miss that tree and all the stuff, I just didn't want to go through what I did last year I don't feel the need to scream at the Kits for wanting to get it the tree

Have a Great Christmas Day Everyone
You a Fablousssss Group you are.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was supposed to go to my brother's today for dinner, but he has the flu or a bad cold or something. I've been sick with one thing or another for the past 2 1/2 years and I'm not taking any chances of getting sick with something else! I told him that we can get together when he's feeling better, but until then to stay far away from me.

I bought a small black forest ham so I'll do that up with a honey mustard glaze, and I'm making mushroom scalloped potatoes and having broccoli. No dessert.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have some boneless chicken breasts that I am going to fry. I will make some rice and homemade white gravy, peas and rolls. For dessert, I have pumpkin and apple pie with coolwhip.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
We had turkey last weekend for a guest who had missed a Thanksgiving dinner, so we had a non-traditional stuffed pork roast cooked in white wine with German potato salad, carrots, and a green salad. Tomorrow we're having leftovers - that roast was huge, and I made too much potato salad!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pot Roast (alton brown's recipe, made with rasins, tomato sauce, garlic, and balsamic vinegar to name a few ingredients), baked stuffed potatos, asparagus, also swedish christmas cookies, chocolate cake, and our homemade Swedish Holiday Vodka (an Ikea recipe).

We ate the sfincione (sicilian "christmas" pizza) on Christmas eve...yummy!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We just had dinner.
and it was delicious!

game hens, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, stuffing, celery with pimento spread, black olives, and sesame seed rolls. for dessert is vanilla ice cream and a deep dish chocolate creme pie.
oh there's also apple pie, but I am only going to have chocolate creme pie and ice cream since I don't like apple pie.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom's homemade lasagna!!!! It has spinach,cheese, meat..you name it!
She also made homemade rolls (ones that i can eat without getting sick
), corn, and I made a TON of desserts. We had our Christmas dinner around 12:00pm today- Colin had to work today....so we had a Christmas lunch instead of dinner so we could all be together. It was really fun!

cattybird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had our dinner for lunch. (GGGGG). Turkey, rice with turkey gravy, cranberry sauce, croisants and sweet potatoes. For dessert we had gingerbread with vanilla ice cream.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SalemWitchChild

Well we didn't get a traditional Thanksgiving dinner. So that's basically what I'm doing for today.

Turkey
Ham
Trail beans (Baked beans w/ bear)
Mac n Cheese
Mashed Potato's & Gravy. No instant stuff either.
Bicuits
Deviled Eggs
Corn on the cob.
And 3 different pies.
That's exactly what we had for dinner

Yeap, I'm originally from Ky too

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Guess you could say we're having Christmas dinner on the installment plan. The first installment -- today, just Rob and me -- is Ham, Baked Potatoes, Harvard Beets, and Zabaglione for dessert. Postponing the "official" Christmas Dinner should not mean having a "Monday" dinner on Christmas Day.

Tomorrow we get the second installment -- the "official" one, with company: Rob Jr, who was here for brunch but is having dinner with his Mum; and a close friend, who is also having the first installment elsewhere -- is Da Bird, complete with stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, and a small Christmas Pudding with Jubilee Sauce and Port for dessert.

Rob's been rubbing his tummy for days at the prospect of these two meals.

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had chinese food too, it was the only restaurant in our area we could find open.
I would of preferred one of the diner's, but they were not open. I had shrimp and vegetables in a brown sauce. Last night's dinner was much better though, we went to the Olive Garden for Christmas Eve and I had three cheese ziti, salad and breadsticks, very good!

I feel like I hate waaaay too much these past few days, with all the cookies, chocolates and sweets, I think I got more filled up on those things than the food I ate. Not to mention the wine.