He's not the most intelligent cat

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I'm opening the oven to check on the Turkey and guess who runs in the kitchen and puts his front paws on the hot oven... uh huh. You guessed it. Puff is ok btw. But he learned an important lesson today.
Never put your paws on the stove when mommy is cooking something yummy.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwwww poor Puff.
He wanted his Mommy's turkey. Keep checking is paw pads to make sure they dont blister.

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww poor Puff! Kitten and Nazumi do that too. Nazumi hasnt learned. Hes definatly not the smartest kitty.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Awwwww poor Puff.
He wanted his Mommy's turkey. Keep checking is paw pads to make sure they dont blister.
Don't worry I will. I felt them and I didn't see any places burned nor did I feel any heat on his paws. But I'll keep an eye on it.

If I should see something wrong is there something I might have at home to take the heat out? I have some burn medicine for humans.. do you think that would be ok? I really don't think it's a problem. But being Christmas I'm sure my vet is closed.

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww... Poor Puff, I hope he at least gets a little Turkey to make up for his hurting paw

I wouldn't use human medication on him as you don't know what effect it might have should he lick it

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by SalemWitchChild

Don't worry I will. I felt them and I didn't see any places burned nor did I feel any heat on his paws. But I'll keep an eye on it.

If I should see something wrong is there something I might have at home to take the heat out? I have some burn medicine for humans.. do you think that would be ok? I really don't think it's a problem. But being Christmas I'm sure my vet is closed.
Neosporin without pain should be fine.

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by silentNate

Awww... Poor Puff, I hope he at least gets a little Turkey to make up for his hurting paw

I wouldn't use human medication on him as you don't know what effect it might have should he lick it
I think this is just aloe. But I'm not sure whatelse is in it. Like I said I don't think he burned himself. He just lighty touched it before he realized it was a really bad idea.

And yes. I'll give him some Turkey... Though he wants no part in the liver. Already offered him that and obviously he doesn't want it.. since he sniffed it once and walked away.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SalemWitchChild

If I should see something wrong is there something I might have at home to take the heat out?
Yeppers. Apply some "Milk of Magnesia" to the burn area. Don't rub it in, just apply it to the skin to coat it and let it dry. Apply several times per day. It's great for superficial (aka 1st degree) burns and really, really works! I use it all of the time when I burn myself on the oven or get a steam-type burn.

And it's safe to use in cats and dogs so you don't need to worry if your kitty licks it.

http://www.peteducation.com/article....articleid=1433

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Yeppers. Apply some "Milk of Magnesia" to the burn area. Don't rub it in, just apply it to the skin to coat it and let it dry. Apply several times per day. It's great for superficial (aka 1st degree) burns and really, really works! I use it all of the time when I burn myself on the oven or get a steam-type burn.

And it's safe to use in cats and dogs so you don't need to worry if your kitty licks it.

Thanks Natalie. I would have never thought about that. And I do have some in the bathroom. Thanks.

His paws are ok though.

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does your regular vet clinic have a vet who is on call for emergencies? This isn't an emergency, but maybe you could still get some advice over the phone.

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lorie D.

Does your regular vet clinic have a vet who is on call for emergencies? This isn't an emergency, but maybe you could still get some advice over the phone.
They are on call but I don't think he hurt himself. I think he was more scared than anything.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

That's a really great tip! I'm making a drug store run sometime in the next few days and I shall have to pick some up.