Everyone happy with their presents?

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a necklace from John his gift didnt make it here in time.
But its a farting dog.
He'll love it. But I did fix him breakfast and we spent all of yesterday together. No tv, video games, computer or anything. Just me and him and the animals.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haven't a clue yet, we stayed up very late, or early into today, and dh is still asleep.

I still have to presents to wrap for him (i know..bad Pat...bad...)

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got a necklace from my friend, a pit bull shirt from another friend, a wendy's gift card from my parents, 2 dvds (Dreamer and Eight Below) and a dvd player from my parents. I also got a kmart gift card from my parents.
from my brother's girlfriend, I got some earrings.. from my brother, I got a really nice hooded sweatshirt, a comforter, and some really good smelling perfume.
I am very happy what I got.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jim is still sleeping........ but he gave me yesterday a new camera that I have been wanting .........and this morning I couldnt help but to open another present and he got me a Dyson vacuum.
Im so excited I feel like going to vacuum everything!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol. To wake up him you should start vaccuming the bedroom. When he wakes up just say thanks honey...lol

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by SalemWitchChild

Lol. To wake up him you should start vaccuming the bedroom. When he wakes up just say thanks honey...lol
LOLOLOL That would be something I would do.
But Im trying to be nice, its Christmas!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am very happy! I got a wonderful salad bowl and a gift certificate from Mom. I got a super cute shirt from Dh. And the flu from my nephew. All in all its been a great day.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm SUPER happy with my presents! I got :deep breath, I have an extremely large family: 4 cute sweaters (one from Ian, one from mom and dad, one each from my grandmas), a cute blazer/jacket, a couple of other little tops, 3 gift certirficates to Gap (various aunts and uncles), a set of 4 bath bombs from Lush, a tub of this amazing shower soap from Lush (yes it comes in a tub, both from aunt and uncle), a Vera Bradley overnight bag (santa), a Coach wristlet (I think it might be the same one Kenzie got, actually, from Ian), a kitty mug from Our Name is Mud (one side says "Catffeinated!" and the other says "Decatf", from Ian), Grey's Anatomy Seasons 1 and 2 (santa), Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover's Soul (from my baby brother), a Petsmart gift card and some cat toys (for me and the kitties from my sister), an electric blanket (from dad, he worries about me "getting cold"), and a biiiiig ol' box of Frango mint chocolates (from Santa)! I'd say I cashed in this year!

Santa brought my little brother an air hockey table and a bean bag chair, along with some books and puzzles. That kid cashed in this year, considering that my grandma also got him an iPod nano...wow!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

LoL
Dhabi said next time one of us is sick we are going over and spreading it around.
The next time, you should at least invite your SIL, over, by herself for some coffee

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep
my BF got me new speakers for my computer and a mouse/tablet set for when I am photoshopping and a day at a spa

The rest of my family and I decided on only donating to charity this year so just tax receipts all around, although my sisters did get a professional photoshoot of my niece and nephew together just for me (my mum is mad because the photos turned out really well and they said she couldn't have a copy) so they are on the way, lost somewhere between royal mail and canadapost

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I sure am! DH got me a spot bot to clean up those unsightly cat "messes" (hairballs and other such yummys!) My MIL and FIL got me and DH a new mircowave, Dh also got me a new necklace and the year without Santa Clause dvd, my BIL and his girlfriend got me slippers a cat shaped cutter for scrapbooking (now I have to start scrapbooking, anyone want to volunteer to help me? LOL) gift cards to Kohls from MIL, sweaters from my mom, a cat ornament that says sisters from my sister, and an Eeyore glass cube that you put in a light stand (hard to describe, but very cute) from my sister and her kids, hmmm. I think that's it. OOPS, nope another gift card from step parents.
ok,that's officially it.

EVERYONE!!!

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow sounds like everyone made out great!

I got...

From BF: Engagement ring!
and A Prairie Home Companion on dvd

From Mom: New chandelier

From Uncle: Home Depot gift card

From Sister: Alan wrench drill bit set, Extreme Home Makeover dvd, gift card to Starbucks

(
Can you tell I have a new house and love DIY?)

From MIL/FIL: Crock pot (she's been threatening this gift for 2 years now
), an Anne Klein watch, a purse and a homemade quilt with cats drinking coffee on it
Oh I'll have to get a picture of it for you guys... you'd probably really get a kick out of it.

From SIL/BIL: Dishtowels! lol actually I was expecting a lot more of these. When everyone came over for thanksgiving and started cleaning up afterwards, everyone there at one point or another asked where my dishtowels were... and I don't use them so I didn't have any. Forget it... everyone there said "Oh well I know what I'm getting you for christmas!" I thought I was just going to get two gigantic stacks of dishtowels!

To whoever it was who got the Dyson:
When my SIL and I got ours, we were told to vacuum the house first with our old vacs, then put those away and immediately vacuum with the Dyson. We both did it and were amazed what the Dyson picked up after we had JUST vacuumed! If you have the time to spare, I'd give it a try. It's incredible to see!

bob'smom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I got Mission: Impossible season 1 on DVD a Sonicare toothbrush set, and enough cash and gift cards to buy what I really want - an Oreck vacuum.

My nieces got a cat and spent the day wondering how Santa got him down the chimney. (Their father hid him in a spare room yesterday and put him in his cage under the tree just before they got up.)

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by MuttigreeMom

To whoever it was who got the Dyson:
When my SIL and I got ours, we were told to vacuum the house first with our old vacs, then put those away and immediately vacuum with the Dyson. We both did it and were amazed what the Dyson picked up after we had JUST vacuumed! If you have the time to spare, I'd give it a try. It's incredible to see!
OMG! I had vacuumed yesterday with the old vacuum and went back over today with the Dyson. I could not BELIEVE how dirty the rugs were!!!!! I dont want to say how many times I had to empty the canister or how many cats I could have made from the cat hair, but OMG this Dyson is AMAZING!!!!!! Im going to be vacuuming all week!!!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am very happy with my presents!!

I got: The Magic Bullet (blender machine thing, they always show on TV) I LOVE IT!! The Egg/Toaster I LOVE IT!! $400 cash, $20 Victorias Secret Gift Card, new standing mirror for my bedroom, a new hand mixer, O.P.I body shimmer, a new griddle, its HUGE! Chicago Cutlery Knife set (its awesome!)
Harley & Davidson got new balls and fluffy toys from my Aunts and my aunt who is a big animal activist ordered us all our presents fromt he Animal Rescue Site that we all click on daily to support them, so we got little tags for their collars from there, they are SO cute! some cute decoritive snowmen, 4 loafs of my aunts VERY good banana bread, new towels which I desperately needed.... and I think thats it? I made out very well this year - and I still have to open gifts from John's side of the family

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was spoiled...royally. Last time I let my husband convince me to have a set budget...I sorta stuck to it, he didn't.

Too much to list but my favorites are a small diamond circle pendant from my inlaws, a 22 inch wide flat screen monitor, new Kitchen Aid Immersion Blender with whisk and other attachments, a green hobnail style tetsubin (japanese cast iron tea pot) with two matching cups, and two different tea collections, two new collections of anime, the second book in the Eragon series (!!) and too much more from family and one particular friend that outdoes herself in the gift wrapping and giving department (truly incredible..you should have seen how she wrapped my wedding presents - silk flowers, cyrstals, fake birds).

I am overwhelmed.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
We don't "do" much in the way of gifts, now that the nieces and nephews are older. They get small presents from us, like a pair of earrings, a magazine subscription, a big box of jelly bellies (one nephew is addicted to them, and they're hard to get here), and cash. We both got cash from my mom and in-laws, and hubby got me perfume (Jil Sander) and a DVD set ("Invasion" in English, which I'm thrilled with, though I learned today that our nephew picked it out and ordered it; hubby is mad at him for "spilling the beans", but I'm glad he at least had the sense to ask our nephew for help/advice in that category!)