Is this feral itchy or just to get my attention?

fel-d1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
There is one feral cats that always come to my home for food. To attract me he will meow out loudly and then do the roll over trick... A shot video clip
http://marjan.blogsome.com/2006/12/2...icks-for-food/

Now the question is, is the roll over trick is to scratch ichyness or he is just trying to amaze me? I can't come any nearer to check for fleas or tick because he will attack me... he's one hell of a fierce cat!!!!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
My hypothesis is this is a sub-variation of mating behaviour. Ie he is trying to please you.

When our Muskis was young, and his first wife come, she didnt wanted. He did tried to court her in every wayeverything he could come to think of save to rape her. In the end he began to roll on the floor like a female in heat....

(They did it second time she came, both she and he dared. Yes, they even become good friends.
)

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by fel-d1

There is one feral cats that always come to my home for food. To attract me he will meow out loudly and then do the roll over trick... A shot video clip
http://marjan.blogsome.com/2006/12/2...icks-for-food/

Now the question is, is the roll over trick is to scratch ichyness or he is just trying to amaze me? I can't come any nearer to check for fleas or tick because he will attack me... he's one hell of a fierce cat!!!!
Actually, I think he is trying to say "Neuter me" "Neuter me now". The fact is that if you could get him humanely trapped and take him to be neutered, you would not have to worry about the "infectious diseases" because he could be tested at the time of being neutered. So the best thing that you can do for this cat is to take him to be neutered.

Katie