Merry Christmas, Midnight.

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi baby girl, it's daddy. I hope that you are well and that you are having fun with all of your new friends over the Rainbow Bridge. I'm always thinking about you princess. Not a day goes by where I don't think of you and wonder what you are doing and what new adventures you are having while you play and romp with your friends in the tall grass. I can picture you laying in the rays of the sun soaking up their warmth. You loved to lay in the rays on the kitchen floor and I can close my eyes and still feel your soft, warm fur against my skin as I pet you while you purred.

You always had something to say and we could sit and chat all day long. I would say something and you would always answer. You were right there "supervising" everything that I did around the house. Twelve years is far too short a time to have spent with you but through those years you were always there for me when I need a friend. Do you remember how you and your brother would always be at the door when I got home ready to be held and cuddled and played with? I do and I'll never forget the love, friendship, affection and companionship that you have given me all of those years.

Shadow is doing well but I know that he misses you, too. He's laying to the left of the computer monitor getting a good pet and scratch as I fight through the tears to write this letter. While he and the kittens have adjusted to each other they don't interact much- I hope that you approve of them. Nothing inn the world could ever take the place that you fill in my heart and there is also nothing that can fill the hole that has been left there by your having to go. Each passing day has helped to ease the pain but it can never be fully taken away. I remember the day that you made your journey over the Rainbow Bridge like it was yesterday. Up until then I didn't think that it was possible for me to love you more than I already did but I was wrong. The last few moments that we spent together made me love you even more.

I last saw you in a dream not long after you passed and in that dream you told me that you were okay and that everything will be fine. I miss you so, so much and wish that you would come to me again so that I could see you but I don't know if that's possible. I know that I will see you again someday- that we will be reunited to be together forever someday. I don't know when that will be but until then I want you to know that your Meowmy, Shadow, Mia and I love you and miss you so very much. Merry Christmas, sweetheart.

- Daddy

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, Merry Christmas to all our kitty angels over RB. And maybe we could ask them to greet HoneyPie [of the Cat Moans After Eating thread in Health&Behavior] as the newest TCS baby to cross over. Play happily over RB, all you precious kitties.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
very very nice.

Merry Christmas to all those over the bridge. until we meet again.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a touching letter to your darling Midnight
I'm sure she is watching over you everyday.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a beautiful tribute to your precious baby baby girl.
Look over your Daddy and family, Midnight and know they love and miss you.

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a very touching tribute. Midnight sounded like a very special kitty, I know she's watching over her daddy now.

huggles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
that was a beautiful tribute to your darling boy. Must say I read it through tears! Thankyou for sharing it with us

Merry Christmas Midnight and all the RB kitties

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful, touching letter... I am sure Midnight is watching over you from over the Rainbow Bridge.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
your special words and thoughts will fly high to Midnight and she will purr a little louder to let you know she misses you all too
Midnight also says she is having fun and knows that you will all meet again when the time is right

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone, your thoughtful words have meant a lot to me.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Essayons89

Thanks everyone, your thoughtful words have meant a lot to me.
May I just say that YOUR thoughtful words to Midnight meant a lot to me. You have so beautifully expressed our thoughts of our rainbow kitties and how much we love and miss them. Thank you for sharing that tribute and allowing us to again feel the great love for our own kitties still with us and those that have crossed over.

Your Midnight was surely a special kitty and it sounds as though she was a very lucky kitty to have such a kind and wonderful human companion.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

May I just say that YOUR thoughtful words to Midnight meant a lot to me. You have so beautifully expressed our thoughts of our rainbow kitties and how much we love and miss them. Thank you for sharing that tribute and allowing us to again feel the great love for our own kitties still with us and those that have crossed over.

Your Midnight was surely a special kitty and it sounds as though she was a very lucky kitty to have such a kind and wonderful human companion.
So true. Thank you for that lovely tribute to a lovely kitty.