It is half way thru jan. It will be feb before you know it, It will be worth the wait, she sounds like she is a concerned breeder, and even if it makes it a little inconvienent to you, her priority is her kitten. If you had made these arrangements sooner, she may have been able to mail the contracts. When I sent Kluchetta the contract, I sent 2, both signed by me, then she signed one and mailed it back, and kept the other, but it was a while before shipping, where it is almost time for the show, the contract may still be in the mail between you and her, at the time of picking the kitten up. Is there any way your cousin can stay at your house the night before, and both of you meet her at the show? Or get out to your cousins house the night/weekend before, then you can meet her and your cousin can take you and the kitten home? That way you are with her and can meet the breeder and sign the contract in person.I think there isn't going to be any solution, you will just have to wait, hard as it seems, the time will come soon enough, and you will be just as happy then as you are 1, 2 or 4 weeks sooner.
kluchetta had to wait about a month or a month and a half longer then she was supposed to, I had a lot of problems getting to boston airport to ship him, and she wasn't dissapointed with him when she did get him (she may have been anxious and dissapointed to have to wait so long) but I think she was more then happy with him when he finally got there and the wait kind of made her more excited to have him home
So, just try and be patient, it will all work out, mabey a little longer then you wanted, but when you do finally have the kitten you will be glad you waited, and didn't give up and find a different one closer to you.