Well... wish me luck....

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh boy oh boy... it's time...

I mentioned in the "gonna be wed" thread that I just got engaged on friday
So very excited about it! ... the only drawback is my MIL and FIL don't know yet. My MIL has been on my BF's butt for months now to ask me already. Heck, when she thought he was taking too long she proposed to me herself! (Seriously!) So today, we get to tell them... and boy am I nervous. I mean, I know she'll be happy about it... I just hope she doesn't start nagging my BF about the ring, or if we set a date, etc etc, like she's known to do.... that's would really ruin christmas for him.

Cross your fingers for me!

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats! Don't worry everything will work itself out... and if MIL gets too nosey just tell her it's your wedding so you'll have it the way you want it.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What an exciting time!!!! Congratulations Im sure it will be fine! She will probablly have to let it set in that you guys are engaged.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys
She is very much the matriarch and while she doesn't pull this nagging routine with me (she knows I wont put up with it) she does it to him constantly.

Maybe I'll get lucky and she'll just be too busy cooking or something

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations!

This actually takes me back to when we were planning our wedding, I get on with my MIL fine but boy is she bossy
I ended up really having to put my foot down at her telling us how we ought to be doing it! Now every time she e-mails she reminds us that if we have a girl we have to name it after her mother or grandmother or something, despite the fact we've told her we don't plan on having kids at all. (Nate replied in all seriousness to that saying that we'd consider it if we got a female cat at any time, but that we were really after another tom... haven't heard any more about it since
)

Sounds as if she'll be delighted, and I hope she doesn't nag too much - if she does, just put it down to excitement and try to let it wash over you

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

Congratulations!

This actually takes me back to when we were planning our wedding, I get on with my MIL fine but boy is she bossy
I ended up really having to put my foot down at her telling us how we ought to be doing it! Now every time she e-mails she reminds us that if we have a girl we have to name it after her mother or grandmother or something, despite the fact we've told her we don't plan on having kids at all. (Nate replied in all seriousness to that saying that we'd consider it if we got a female cat at any time, but that we were really after another tom... haven't heard any more about it since
)
Wow that sucks, but also sounds so familiar.... do you think we have the same MIL?

Glad Nate stood up to her! And for once, my BF did the same thing. I was truly shocked. While his mother started going on and on about wedding plans and telling us where we had to get married, he got up from the table, said "Mom... Muttigreemom and I are flying off to Vegas and getting married by fat Elvis and that's that!" I almost choked on my coffee!
But it was great.. she kept quiet for the rest of the night.... and then gave me a brand new crock pot

I'm so excited! Now we can get this planned doing what we want to do!

Thanks!

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, what a relief!!! It sounds like everything was fine, though. And congrats to you on your engagement! May your wedding be everything YOU both want it to be!!!