Worst Christmas gift... Ever

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night we went to my FIL for his holiday meal. My SIL showed up with three out of her five kids. Of the three that she brought one had the start of the flu and the other had a cough. I was kind of upset that she brough sick kids over, but I just wanted to enjoy some stress free family time so I didn't say anything. Today I woke up with a cough. Now I feel like I'm going to throw up. It looks like it's going to be a long Christmas.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no! Call your pharmacy and see what they have over the counter that might help.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh no
I hope you feel better (((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

Oh no! Call your pharmacy and see what they have over the counter that might help.
DH is making me some home made chicken noodle soup. He called around to our family and friends and canceled our plans for tonight. It just hurts so much that I can't spend time with my family because I'm sick. I wish my SIL would have thought things over before she brought sick kids to a family function.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

DH is making me some home made chicken noodle soup. He called around to our family and friends and canceled our plans for tonight. It just hurts so much that I can't spend time with my family because I'm sick. I wish my SIL would have thought things over before she brought sick kids to a family function.
Go get some AirBorne NOW! If you start taking it early enough, you won't come down with it.... When I worked for a Physician Assistant Program they told us ALL to take it even if we started to come down with it.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

Go get some AirBorne NOW! If you start taking it early enough, you won't come down with it.... When I worked for a Physician Assistant Program they told us ALL to take it even if we started to come down with it.
yay...I knew there had to be something out there...please try this!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What I'm trying to figure out now is if I should cancel my plans with my father tomorrow. My Step-grandmother is 91, and my Dad just got out of the hospital with a really bad case of food poisoning. Do I go and risk getting either of them sick?

DH just dashed to the pharmacy to get some AirBorne and some Zinc cough drops. Hopefully they will work in staying off whatever it is that I have.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would revaluate how you feel in the morning. Maybe the Airborne will nip it. But if it doesnt, I wouldnt want to expose my Father and especially a 91 year old Grandma

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

I would revaluate how you feel in the morning. Maybe the Airborne will nip it. But if it doesnt, I wouldnt want to expose my Father and especially a 91 year old Grandma
That makes sense. I'll curl up with a blanket today, and see how I feel in the morning. The last thing I want to do is get my Grandma sick. If she got the flu it could have really bad consequences.

Is it okay for me to cry? I don't do it very often, but I'm just upset that I can't see my family.

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with Pami.
See how you feel in the morning.
I know it'll be very upsetting to cancel your plans with your Father and Grandmother, but if they would happen to get sick...even if they didn't catch it from you...you'll be "what if'ing" about it.

I sure hope you feel great in the morning so you don't have to cancel your plans...get well very quickly vibes coming your way!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cry away, Sweety
I hope you feel better and you dont have to miss the family time.

Some people can truly be so insensitive in sharing their sick germs with everyone

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That stinks! I'm so sorry you're getting something.

Hopefully for your its just a cold...but I would wait to find out before seeing your step-grandma and dad...if you still have the flu germs on you it may take another day for your body to get rid of them.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No I got 6 quarts of oil and an oil filter one year
!st Hubby got tired of me opening stuff so he wrapped that up and when I opened it and man I thought it was real good because it weighed a ton
I never did that again
Although no feeling good is the pits, hope you feel better fast

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just slept for a few hours, and I feel a bit better.

DH and I have decided to settle in for the night and watch movies. This is the year I am finally giving in and watching It's a Wonderful Life. I just hope it's as good as everyone says that it is. I need something to perk me up.

The boys haven't left my side all day. They keep purring and giving me head butts. Having them is a wonderful thing.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

That makes sense. I'll curl up with a blanket today, and see how I feel in the morning. The last thing I want to do is get my Grandma sick. If she got the flu it could have really bad consequences.

Is it okay for me to cry? I don't do it very often, but I'm just upset that I can't see my family.
It really, really is.