Vibes for Oliver,Please

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took Oliver to the vets yesterday - I was really expecting a good (finally) visit. Oliver is eating again and showing more activity. Unfortunately, Oliver has lost 1/2lb. in 2 weeks and is still running a fever. My vet says his heart and lungs sound very good and clear, but she is very concerned about the weight loss and continued fever. She raised the possibility of Oliver having FIP...not a good disease for him to have. She drew blood and I should know by Tuesday night if, in fact, my little man does have FIP. Please send some strong vibes for my little guy. Thank you, Ellyn

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh what a worry to have over Christmas. I do hope it does not prove to be anything so serious. Good vibes coming your way

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I am still waiting to hear from my vets. But, unlike last week when Oliver received fluid therapy and came home and seemed to be feeling much better; this weekend the fluid therapy didn't do much for him. He is picking at his food again, and as usual, prefers to lie down rather than move around. I am getting a bit confused about the FIP test after reading the thread about the corona virus under Health and Nutrition. I did post a few questions on that thread regarding what I should be asking the vet regarding treatment and long term care, etc. Can a cat test negative and still actually have FIP, etc. I don't expect to hear from my vet until after 7pm tonight, after the clinic closes. I am saying prayers for my little guy. I keep hoping that there is a simple answer for what is going on with his continued poor health! Ellyn

babywukong

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good vibes coming your way for little Oliver! I hope hope hope he doesn't have that FIP!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Abosolutely my friend....count with it inmediately!..

))))))))))))))))))))))))
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
My best wishes and my best Good vibes for a soon recovery of Oliver!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I haven't been able to write about Oliver's results. I heard from my vet late on Tuesday, the FIP results were 1:640 titres and a high globulin level, and signs of liver problems. I took him in on Wednesday and they have started him on prednisone, sryinge feeding (he had lost another 1/4lb since 12/23), vitamins and a prescription of doxcy--something or other for a bacterial infection. I stayed home with him Wed. and Thrs just trying to get food into him. This morning he has shown some minor improvement. My vet says he is not sure if Oliver has FIP, but has definately been exposed. However, the internist believes that he does have FIP. I am taking it one day at a time, hoping to see improvement. However, he has gone down hill very quickly in just 7 days, so I am really concerned that he will not pull through.