Leaving my babies tomorrow :(

longhornchick29

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So tomorrow my boyfriend and I are flying to WI to be with my family for Christmas. We are leaving the kitties at home and are having a friend come by once a day to make sure all is ok. We bought one of those automatic feeders and waterers for them that are set on a timer. I am SOO nervous. This is the first time I have ever left them for a week. I was just kind of looking for words of encouragement and any advice to ease my apprehensivness. We decided not to board them because I think they will be more comfortable at home. I just hope everything will be OK. Any suggestions on how to make it easier?

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, they will be fine....we all hate leaving our kits alone at home. Is person checking on them going to play with them for a bit too?

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Longhornchick29

So tomorrow my boyfriend and I are flying to WI to be with my family for Christmas. We are leaving the kitties at home and are having a friend come by once a day to make sure all is ok. We bought one of those automatic feeders and waterers for them that are set on a timer. I am SOO nervous. This is the first time I have ever left them for a week. I was just kind of looking for words of encouragement and any advice to ease my apprehensivness. We decided not to board them because I think they will be more comfortable at home. I just hope everything will be OK. Any suggestions on how to make it easier?
My cats never have a problem when I leave them with someone just coming in and checking on them. Plus they are super affectionate when you get back. So they love you to death. Unless of course you have one of those vindictful kitties who wait till you get home and proceed to poop on your bed while your standing right there saying hello. (LILY!)

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending {{{{calming prayers and vibes}}}} your way! To make it easier on you, I'd notify a trustworthy neighbor that you'll be gone, and give them contact info. for your friend and for you, in case of catastrophe such as severe weather, fires, etc. For your kits, I'd hook up an old-fashioned answering machine, set it on "screen calls" and call them periodically, so they hear your voice. That is what I do for most of my kits, cuz there are too many to take to my mom's; only JC and Joey go there, they've visited Grandma's since kittenhood, so it's vacation for them there; the other kits hate the disruption in their lives. And when you get back, you will be greeted warmly (usu., although JC sometimes pretends that I'm invisible - he doesn't hear me, see me, feel my touch - he totally ignores me until I'm sufficiently sorry, then he greets me happily
) without the stress-reactions of having taken them out of their environment. Enjoy your trip

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know how you feel. I have left my cats and my previous cats plenty of times, and everything is ffine when I get home, but I miss them so much and i hate to leave them all alone. It really doesn't get any easier, it is just somethin you accept. I wish they could answer the phone when I call. No kidding, soemtimes I will call and leave a sooting message for them telling them how good they are, cause I know they know my voice and can hear the answering machine. call me crazy