How sad :(

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to go to the store to get some cold meds for John and I ran into a friend of mine from when I was a little kid. We were bestfriends up until I started dating Stan about 4 years ago. She didnt like Stan and so we slowly drifted apart. I saw her today and she didnt look like she was feeling well so I asked her what was wrong. She said she that her baby died a month ago and that seeing me pregnant just brought back bad memories.
It had some thing that causes their skulls not to close up enough. Or something like that. Something to do with the skull. It was a baby girl named Elisabeth. I started crying because I felt so bad for her. I kept thinking what if something like that happened to Lava Girl. I would be heart broken! The baby lived a week. I guess most babies dont live more then a few hours or are stillborn. She showed me a pic and the babies head was hugely swollen and looked bruised. I dont know how she can possibly handle that. She told me that she was just glad she had the time she had with her because at least she got to spend a week with her. Some people dont even get that.
She must be a much stronger person then me. She's only 19 too. I dunno it just broke my heart. Knowing that happened to her and I wasnt even there for her. I came home and just cried even more to John. How can someone deal with that?

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
That is so awfully sad. Somehow we survive and move on from the most horrible events. And these events remind us to hold our loved ones close and dear.

Saying another prayer to LavaGirl's guardian angel to look over her.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, that is very sad! At least you saw her, so you know what she has been through! Maybe you can call her in a week or two, and meet for coffee? Sometimes you just really need someone to talk to following a tragedy like losing a child!

((((hugs to 4crazycats)))))

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your poor friend - how sad. When I was pregnant I started noticing all the bad things that happened to babies & little kids. My mom told me that it wasn't new, I was just more sensitive to it.
I hope your friend is ok - and you know that Lava Girl has lots of aunties on the TCS boards to pray for her and you!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beckiboo

Aw, that is very sad! At least you saw her, so you know what she has been through! Maybe you can call her in a week or two, and meet for coffee? Sometimes you just really need someone to talk to following a tragedy like losing a child!

((((hugs to 4crazycats)))))
I agree - far too often, after the funeral, people shy away because they don't know what to say, and are afraid of saying the wrong thing; and it's after the "hullaballoo" is over, that the loss hits, the grief sets in.
You know, she was brave to admit that seeing your pregnancy made her miss her little Elisabeth - the bond between you two must exist to some extend, for her to reveal that to you.
Sending {{{{prayers and hugs}}}} out to you and your friend.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor thing, it sounds like spinal bifida was what was wrong. A terrible thing they can't know about until the birth.

for you and your friend, Amber.