Anyone Else Have To Work On Christmas Eve?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone else have to work on Christmas Eve this year? I'm starting to wonder if i'm the only one
My boss is a total jerk- he's planning on making me work Christmas Eve, New Years Eve, and New Years Day. I'm really frusterated at this point- and he won't even give me a few days off in between the holidays so Colin and I can go see his family in Alabama. (i asked for the 27-30 or anything like that.) I'm thinking I will conviently come down with a sickening case of the Rotovirious on those days and go anyways- there's no sense in not getting to see my family and friends for a store like that.
I still haven't decided yet. In the mean time though- i have worked every day this week -for a week straight...the only day i have off is Christmas Day (that's only because the store is closed.). Is anyones else working Christmas Eve too and having to cook/ wrap presents a little late this year too? Tell me i'm not the only one!
I don't get off until after 9:00pm tonight...so i guess i'll be cooking when i get home. To make things even more super...Colin has to work Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
(cops don't get holidays off). So we're going to do a really early Christmas Breakfast on Christmas Day before he has to go into work.

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, Nikki, Eric is in law enforcement so not only is he working Christamas Eve night, he also will Christmas Day! We will have Christmas Eve up to 7 pm together (dine and dash!) - then he's gone and I won't see him until after Christmas Day. I have never, ever had him home for ANY holiday! I do understand!!!

girlsetsfiyah

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Bah. I feel evryones pain on this topic. I'm also stuck working Christmas eve and Christmas day. Not very festive is it?

sherral46

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ted is a Correctional officer,he has to work Christmas day ,also
he also has to leave here at 4.30 Am,there is NO way I am getting the kids up before 8;00 Am. We are letting them open a few things,Christmas Eve though !

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sherral46

Ted is a Correctional officer,he has to work Christmas day ,also
he also has to leave here at 4.30 Am,there is NO way I am getting the kids up before 8;00 Am. We are letting them open a few things,Christmas Eve though !
Sherral, yes, Eric works for the DOC up here in our State at a prison, too! He drives 70 miles each way and is currently on 3rd shift. UG!

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I too will work Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, both on the graveyard shift. I'm not at all thrilled about it, but I am sure I will be much happier when pay day comes around.

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ahh, ladies, I join you here, we'll be working both Christmas eve and Christmas day (mind you, anything that I cook and deliver on Christmas day costs extra, lol!).....but then we're taking a week off, won't come back to work until January 2, 2007...YAY!

sherral46

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sashacat421

Sherral, yes, Eric works for the DOC up here in our State at a prison, too! He drives 70 miles each way and is currently on 3rd shift. UG!
Sucks UG ! In Ted prison,they only have 2 shirts, both 12 hours!but again he only works about 2 weeks out of 4 ! Getting paid for 4 !
How is the pay there? He stared out at $25.000 .going to $29.000 in Feburay ted drives 80 one way.

yorda

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My husband has watch on Christmas and the next day (on my birthday
) this year. He normally gets stuck working all holidays because all the people with kids want to take off and enjoy the holidays with their families. He is fine with it, but Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ll admit spending every holiday alone gets a bit depressing at times.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Yep. I have off, but hubby has late shift (1:00 - 8:00 p.m.) both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, and early shift (6:00 a.m. - 1:15 p.m.) on Boxing Day. Add 45 minutes traveling time to either end. So expect to see me around TCS for the next three days!

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I work 3pm-11pm shift on Christmas eve and day and my wife works day shift 6am-2:30pm. So, I really won't see my wife on both these days, since by the time I get home from work, she will in bed sleeping.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Working Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve, New Years Day

I haven't had Christmas Eve or Day off in probably 20 years.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I may be working .. I am just not sure between the weather and stuff happening here... My boss gave me a pass if needed

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

Working Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve, New Years Day

I haven't had Christmas Eve or Day off in probably 20 years.
Oh yuck! I hated how holidays were handled when I was a nurse. If I did have Christmas off, it meant I worked 7 pm Christmas eve until 7 am Christmas day and then didn't have to come in that night. I'd zip home, sleep for about 4 hours and go do family stuff feeling icky and exhausted.

shaking head...

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Amber the BobCat: Dang, your family has grown!!!! How beautiful!!!! I am so jealous!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well Everyone! Great news! I have a bit of a Christmas blessing to tell ya'll about! Tonight at work- my manager came up to me and apologized about the schedule- he said there had been a mix up with another employees- and I am off the 25-30!!!!!
I was soooooo happy I was grinning ear to ear! That is soo awesome! That means Colin and I will get to go see his family for a late Christmas!! (he has a few days off between Christmas and New Years.) I'm still stuck working Christmas Eve, New Years Eve and New Years Day- but hey, i'm happy- I get to go out of town after all!!!
At the moment i'm enjoying a delightfully deliscious Woodchuck beer and i'm about to start cooking! Looks like i'm gonna be up all night!
(i have the ham, 2 different cookies and icings, peppermint almond bark, rice krispy treats, and i'm probably leaving something out! Who cares! I have a nice drink
) So it kinda stinks- working all of the holidays- but i'm just glad i'll get to see colin's family and mine

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
and lots of fun... I am working new years eve all day

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Well Everyone! Great news! I have a bit of a Christmas blessing to tell ya'll about! Tonight at work- my manager came up to me and apologized about the schedule- he said there had been a mix up with another employees- and I am off the 25-30!!!!!
I was soooooo happy I was grinning ear to ear! That is soo awesome! That means Colin and I will get to go see his family for a late Christmas!! (he has a few days off between Christmas and New Years.) I'm still stuck working Christmas Eve, New Years Eve and New Years Day- but hey, i'm happy- I get to go out of town after all!!!
At the moment i'm enjoying a delightfully deliscious Woodchuck beer and i'm about to start cooking! Looks like i'm gonna be up all night!
(i have the ham, 2 different cookies and icings, peppermint almond bark, rice krispy treats, and i'm probably leaving something out! Who cares! I have a nice drink
) So it kinda stinks- working all of the holidays- but i'm just glad i'll get to see colin's family and mine
YAY!

eburgess

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I work 10a-6p.... I work retail... it stinks but it's also my LAST DAY!!!