Cooking question

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I'm doing a dangerous thing for me right now...I'm experimenting with the slow cooker.

I have thinly sliced pork that has been in the fridge a couple of days, so it's still good.

I wanted to make it before it spoiled and well I used up the rest of the Italian dressing making flavored salmon (yummy).

I had some leftover BBQ sauce, but not enough for all the pork. Sooooo...I went to the pantry found a can of no-beans chili and have all of it slow cooking?

Am I crazy? Will this just taste like crap in the end?

Or will i have a gassy Christmas?

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of the things I love about a slow cooker is that it covers a multitude of sins. And makes you look good to boot. Love that cooker.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It sounds like it will be OK - did you add any seasonings to it? I would suggest a little bit of salt, pepper and cumin to make it more like a pork chili. Serve it over noodles or tortilla strips, top with sour cream and cheese and you got a meal!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooo thanks guys!

I had it and it was good...I'm not sure I would fix it again soon, but at least I know I won't go hungry!

I love how tender meats gets in the slow cooker. YUM!

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Ooo thanks guys!

I had it and it was good...I'm not sure I would fix it again soon, but at least I know I won't go hungry!

I love how tender meats gets in the slow cooker. YUM!
I love cooking pork chops in the slow cooker and chicken.
Glad it turned out ok.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

It will be a gassy Christmas even still
You got that right! I picked up B from the airport this morning and my stomach was really upset.

I had to exercise this morning in hopes that I umm...errr...don't have to worry about heatiing the house all day.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tell you something amazing!

For my works christmas party they had these bean veggy stuff, it was delicious but i was so scared to be gassy the next day! and guess what? i didnt let out one gas at all! So dont always thnk that beans make you gas!

Schnitzel does!