Dribblers

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ummm........so Princess Pepsi has started dribbling when I pet her (about a week now)
shes about 13yrs and has never done this before - is it an age thing ? Shes eating, pooing etc...etc as normal, so is it something I´m gonna have to put up with

DH has just read this over my shoulder and said "you´d better mention which end shes dribbling from".........eeeww I said they´ll know its her mouth

gizmocat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats drool when they are very, very happy. You have one happy girl there!

If she dribbles when she is NOT being petted, I'd look at her teeth...but it does sound as if she is showing you how much she enjoys being petted.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
thanks
I did check her teeth, cos well shes getting a bit of an old gal
and they are fine, could be a bit whiter but I guess thats an age thing too

she is a sweetie, not much vexes her, she has never, ever got bad tempered with us and no bites, so I think you are right shes a happy girl

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it's a new thing, I'd have her teeth checked just in case!

My cat dribbles when he's lying on me, he seems to forget to swallow when he's purring hence the saliva runs out of his mouth, but then he's always done it.

ckatz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Natasha is a drooler. She drools and kneads when she is really happy. Viola drools every once in a while but with Natasha you feel like you need a bib.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Anne has the vet checked her teeth at all?. If not i would take her in just to make sure incase theres something you can't see, especially if it's just started happening.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rosiemac

Anne has the vet checked her teeth at all?. If not i would take her in just to make sure incase theres something you can't see, especially if it's just started happening.
Hi Susan, no shes only done this for a week, so I´d thought I monitor the situation, you know, to see if she did it during any other time. Which at the moment she hasnt
I´ve tried to check her teeth out, but she´s not a happy bunny under inspection - well from me
- what I could see seems OK.
It is strange thats shes started now............and I´ve never had a kitty that dribbled
so I´ll see how she goes, then maybe off to see Maria, my vet, shes brill, she doesnt charge for check-ups
that turn out to be nothing but a worried mum

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
if it is new and with her age, I would just schedule an appointment, even if what you can see of her teeth are fine. It is probably nothing, but better to be safe than sorry.

shambelle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Teddy drools either when he's sleeping on my lap, or when he's sleeping in his favorite spot on the couch. He is a very happy cat.