Are you ready?

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For Christmas? I'M NOT!... Well I have everything wrapped, just have to put bows on everything when I bring it out tomorrow night. I'm just not..... ready....
does that make sense? Or at least I don't feel like it..
Last week I went through all the kids clothes and toys and donated everything they have outgrown. I have also cleaned my house from top to bottom...a few times
and the turkey is defrosting as we speak. I seem prepared.... I look prepared.... why don't I FEEL prepared? Maybe I'm just not ready for it to be over with

What about ya'll?

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I rushed to wrap Hubby's gifts yesterday. I was so made to see the onion soup cups were all broken. I hate Amazon! We still have to wrap the 'rents. I haven't done the laundry yet either. I have to run over to mom's to set-up for tomorrow later on. The more I think about it, the less motivation I have. LoL

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm done! I was officially done on Wednesday. I bought the stocking stuffers for the animals stockings (our cats and my brothers dogs) and I'm DONE, DONE, DONE, DONE...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm done too... I'm just not "ready".... Maybe it's that I'm exhausted and hate to see it just fly by... All this work for it to be said and done in less then an hour of unwrapping

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ahhh...yea that's a big difference there...

I'm never ready for Christmas....cause then the day flies by quickly and I'm left wondering why it took me so to get everything together.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

Ahhh...yea that's a big difference there...

I'm never ready for Christmas....cause then the day flies by quickly and I'm left wondering why it took me so to get everything together.
Exactly!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so not ready, I need to clean, do laundry, I still have some grocery shopping to do and I am determined to get most or all of it done today so I can enjoy a few days of Christmas

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not really at all.. I still have things to buy...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!! And still have wrapping and stockings to do!!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a few presents to wrap yet. Since my sis can the house has gotten more messy-might have a quick vaccuum tomorrow before mom and dad come.

willie'slove

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I feel the same way is you....

Does anybody ever get the feeling at the last minute that you didnt get enough for somebody? I definitely did about my dad.

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I'm all ready.
I've had everything done for a while now, the shopping, wrappping, etc. I just bought a few things at the grocery store yesterday, I don't do any cooking or baking, besides the easy pull-apart cookies I'll make tomorrow.
I'm just enjoying relaxing and enjoying the holidays, I hate running around trying to get everything finished and just so, I think it's the older I get the more I like to just take it easy and sit back and relax! It does go by so quickly though.

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Willie'sLove

Does anybody ever get the feeling at the last minute that you didnt get enough for somebody? I definitely did about my dad.
Yes, I do sometimes feel this way. Of course, they always tell me I got them way too much!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not ready at all
I have to work all night tonight- from 1:30-9ish) and I have to work 10-6 tomorrow- on Christmas Eve of all days
. I haven't even started baking anything at all....I still have 3 presents to wrap, and haven't stuffed any stockings. This really sucks- and my jerk of a boss isn't going to let me have 3 days off in between Christmas and New Years to go visit Colins family after he told me he would.
He has me working Christmas Eve, New Years Eve, and New Years Day
I think i'm going to come up with something catchy like the RotoVirus on those days Colin and I were planning on going to Mobile and say forget work on those days! They're not giving me any time off at all and it's frusterating during the holidays.
I'm definitely not ready for Christmas at the moment.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I'm not ready at all
I have to work all night tonight- from 1:30-9ish) and I have to work 10-6 tomorrow- on Christmas Eve of all days
. I haven't even started baking anything at all....I still have 3 presents to wrap, and haven't stuffed any stockings. This really sucks- and my jerk of a boss isn't going to let me have 3 days off in between Christmas and New Years to go visit Colins family after he told me he would.
He has me working Christmas Eve, New Years Eve, and New Years Day
I think i'm going to come up with something catchy like the RotoVirus on those days Colin and I were planning on going to Mobile and say forget work on those days! They're not giving me any time off at all and it's frusterating during the holidays.
I'm definitely not ready for Christmas at the moment.
Just put on a pair of those MARVLOUSSSS slippers and kick right back, " Don't sweat the small stuff"

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

Just put on a pair of those MARVLOUSSSS slippers and kick right back, " Don't sweat the small stuff"
maybe i should do that.
unfortunately, i have to get ready for work soon
looks like i'm gonna be up all night cooking...i'm definitely with you- i'd go for taco bell at this point

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No gifts or decorating for me, but I am doing cleaning. I like to have my place clearn for the holidays regardless of whether I'm doing anything special for them or not. Still have to do 3 loads of laundry and finish mopping my floors and clean off my computer station.