Feeling sad...

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I feel sad
because we just dropped our furbabies off at the hotel. I know they will be well taken care at the Petsmart hotel. The whole staff was ahhing & ohhing over Max & Sarah. Telling us how cute and silky soft they are
. Plus I'm such a detail freak, I had a list of phone numbers,vets, etc and pictures and descriptions of the kitties, plus their likes/dislikes, the kind of litter that they use. Plus I labeled all their food in baggies. The staff was very impressed.

I know that they will be loved and I feel comfortable leaving them. But still... I miss my babies
. Ok, I'm the crazy cat lady.

I hope everyone has a happy holiday!

catcrazyperson

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
awww sadness yeah i kno its sooo hard for me to leave my babies under the care of someone else, even if they'll do just fine. and im sure your babies will be VERY happy to see you when you come back. but i'm sure they will enjoy themselves there.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your words are the sure sign of real cat lover
Your babies are very fortunate that they have you as their meowmmy!
It's so difficult to leave them behind; I have an answering machine, in addition to Verizon voicemail, so that I can leave messages that my kitties can hear

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm also worried about leaving my cats at home with the petsitter checking in on them! I hired someone REAL this time, as opposed to the dolt who didn't come last time, but I still worry.

I also worry about the petsitter....Raphael has aggression issues, and he also eliminates outside the box sometimes when stressed. He's never caused anyone any trouble, but I have a collection of "Raphie Scars" from when he's gone doritos on me. Sigh. I can't wait until we have a big enough place to invite the family to do the holidays at our house.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, thats normal though. We would all react like that. I will be leaving Trout for a couple of days and asking my landlord to pop down and check on her...but man I am so nervous and feel guilty about leaving her..I always think that Trouts thinking why am I gone and wondering If I'm coming back..I hate it

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a friend who is in video production, so I have an interactive DVD made with menu options for my pet sitter. I take her on a little tour of our apartment showing her where there hiding spots are, where the food is, and where the toys are.

She thought I had lost my mind.

willie'slove

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
oh, don't worry! I bet all the kitties will have a fun time on their little vacation, and everything will be just fine!

I'm very detailed too! When Willie went through the whole mess up surgery, right after, I had a planned trip only a few hours away, for 3 days. I wasn't going to go, but my father insisted that I go, and that he take care of Willie. I wrote out a whole list of EXACTLY what to do for Willie, and when. Then, it turned out that he went to the vet and stayed there for the whole time that I was on vacation. It was actually good for him, because he got great attention. I know that if I was home during it, I would have been calling up the vet nonstop and asking when he can come home, and that would have been bad! Because he wouldnt have had that same attention!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cat mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have called the hotel twice since Friday night, and they are doing great. What I like about the hotel is they allow you to call and get updates. They said they are eating well and not hiding
. I was afraid they would hide from new people. They both enjoy their "TLC" time. They allow the cats outside their "room" (of course just Max & Sarah at one time) not with other cats. To play and run around. The staff said they love their time playing.

I feel better, but of course, like everyone else I worry about them.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cat Mommy

I have called the hotel twice since Friday night, and they are doing great. What I like about the hotel is they allow you to call and get updates. They said they are eating well and not hiding
. I was afraid they would hide from new people. They both enjoy their "TLC" time. They allow the cats outside their "room" (of course just Max & Sarah at one time) not with other cats. To play and run around. The staff said they love their time playing.

I feel better, but of course, like everyone else I worry about them.
It's wondeful that the hotel lets you check up on them! It sounds like they are doing great.