How to pet me

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So when Frankie came to me for some lovin' last night (which is rare for her) I thought of something. My cats have very different petting preferances. As in, Frankie prefers to be stroked and lightly scratched around her head and neck. She espically like having her ears rubbed between my fingers and if she's in a sleepy mood she likes having her paws and forelegs stroked too. She also like to be laying in your lap when she gets attention. She lays all pretty w/ her paws tucked under.

Wickett on the other hand likes it a little rougher. He prefers to have his head and neck (mostly around the sides and back of his mane) scratched deep and hard. He loves having his face rubbed and he also really enjoys having his bottom/hips patted. He's also not too keen on laying on you unless your covered by a blanket or something and when he does he usually sprawls across your lap. Back legs out on one side and kind just flopped down. Usually he's too restless to lay down though and he'll pace around while you try to pet him. And on special occasions he'll lay down next to you in that evil cat side-kick pose. You know like the cat on Inspector Gadget where he laid down on the arm of the chair so you hand lay perfectly on his neck/head.

So, what do you cats prefer? Scratching, stroking, patting, rubbing... and where do they like it? Since we all know it's gotte be in their terms and times. Also, do they like laying on you?

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Opie likes to have his head scratched and his chest and throat rubbed.

Rowdy likes ear and chin scratches.

Buddy doesn't care - just PAY ATTENTION to him

pat locani

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

Wickett on the other hand likes it a little rougher. He prefers to have his head and neck (mostly around the sides and back of his mane) scratched deep and hard. He loves having his face rubbed and he also really enjoys having his bottom/hips patted. He's also not too keen on laying on you unless your covered by a blanket or something and when he does he usually sprawls across your lap. Back legs out on one side and kind just flopped down. Usually he's too restless to lay down though and he'll pace around while you try to pet him.
Every man I ever dated was the same way! .... ??? .... What? ..... Oh!
This is about cats!
Never mind!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phat Locani

Every man I ever dated was the same way! .... ??? .... What? ..... Oh!
This is about cats!
Never mind!
LMAO! I've know a few guys like that too. Too funny! My Finace is much more dog like...