What can I eat?

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm starving but I'm sooooo tired of rice! I was wondering if anyone knows of any very bland very easy to digest thing to eat? Im so hungry!!!!!!!!!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
banannas , cream of whatever
, oatmeal , plain broth, mashed potatos , scrambled eggs, quinoa , buckwheat

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ramen noodles, pasta with a little italian dressing mixed into it (only a little if you have GERD
), Mac & cheese, Bagels with a little cream cheese, rice krispy treats (sounds sweet- but they're pretty bland
), a little fruit- watch out for ones that are really sweet or acidic....stick with something like grapes or kiwi, melba toast, triscuits with a little bit of cheese on them, banana baby food- it's sooooooooo yummy!!!

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

ramen noodles, pasta with a little italian dressing mixed into it (only a little if you have GERD
), Mac & cheese, Bagels with a little cream cheese, rice krispy treats (sounds sweet- but they're pretty bland
), a little fruit- watch out for ones that are really sweet or acidic....stick with something like grapes or kiwi, melba toast, triscuits with a little bit of cheese on them, banana baby food- it's sooooooooo yummy!!!
stop stop stop sweetie!
i am trying not to eat this late...the IBS wont allow it...its already acting up at the sight of those deelish suggestions!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SophieC

cream of wheat? oatmeal? grits?
I cant handle oatmeal. I tried that yesterday and ended up

Originally Posted by EricaNicole

popcorn?
I cant eat popcorn my tummy doesnt digest it at all.
Originally Posted by sharky

banannas , cream of whatever
, oatmeal , plain broth, mashed potatos , scrambled eggs, quinoa , buckwheat
BANANAS! YAY! I have those.

I'll go to the store and get some of those things so see. I cant eat Mac & cheese but its my fave!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 4crazycats

I'll go to the store and get some of those things so see. I cant eat Mac & cheese but its my fave!
Good luck sweetie
I hope you're able to find something you can keep down. I know what it's like with the GI issues and food
My IBS has been a nightmare today.
/ Also- pick up a bland rotissary chicken when you go to the store- that way you can use the meat and mix it in with some pasta and a light sauce (that won't upset you). Also, you could even try buying some flour tortillas and make a quesadilla out of the chicken meat- all you need is to spray your skillet with a pinch of PAM so it doesn't stick....- use monzerealla or provalone instead of chedder since it's easier to digest for IBS issues- and put a little cheese on it- put the other tortilla on top and heat it up for a few minutes
That's nice and bland- but soooooo good!
Also, you could cut up some of the meat from the chicken and put it in a little bit of pasta and italian dressing (like a chicken pasta salad
)

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ok Nikki...
I gotta get with it like you...

this past year IBS has really started to affect me.
I mean..i am down and out for days if I eat the wrong thing.
I LOVE STARBUCKS! but let me tell you..caffiene just rips me a new one...I bloat up ...the whole deal along with furctose..lactose stuff..etc.oh and tomato pasta stuff...
anyways, I admire you and am making a new years resolution to take care of my belly a little better...Im gonna use you as my motovation! lol...thats if you dont mind

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Good luck sweetie
I hope you're able to find something you can keep down. I know what it's like with the GI issues and food
My IBS has been a nightmare today.
/ Also- pick up a bland rotissary chicken when you go to the store- that way you can use the meat and mix it in with some pasta and a light sauce (that won't upset you). Also, you could even try buying some flour tortillas and make a quesadilla out of the chicken meat- all you need is to spray your skillet with a pinch of PAM so it doesn't stick....- use monzerealla or provalone instead of chedder since it's easier to digest for IBS issues- and put a little cheese on it- put the other tortilla on top and heat it up for a few minutes
That's nice and bland- but soooooo good!
Also, you could cut up some of the meat from the chicken and put it in a little bit of pasta and italian dressing (like a chicken pasta salad
)
Yummy I will do that. I love chicken! I'm down to throwing up only 5 or 6 times a day now. Instead of every 15 minutes. So I'm feeling pretty good. Wish the other end would start getting better though.
I have to go in for another Endoscopy tomorow to see if my instentines are still inflamed. They are hoping it was just from the infection. So wish me luck! I'm feeling alot better though. Im actually wanting to eat.
Originally Posted by EricaNicole

ok Nikki...
I gotta get with it like you...

this past year IBS has really started to affect me.
I mean..i am down and out for days if I eat the wrong thing.
I LOVE STARBUCKS! but let me tell you..caffiene just rips me a new one...I bloat up ...the whole deal along with furctose..lactose stuff..etc.oh and tomato pasta stuff...
anyways, I admire you and am making a new years resolution to take care of my belly a little better...Im gonna use you as my motovation! lol...thats if you dont mind
Yeah Ive been a bad girl the past 3 or 4 years.
Im paying for it now. My mom kept on telling me but noooo I didnt listen. I'm gonna miss some of my yummy food.
But Im trying to be good and eat what Im supposed to now. No more Jalapeno burgers from Wendy's.