Don't feel to bad sweetie. Last week..my sister's lab/rat terrrier mix Bailey (she looks like a little spotted cow! She's prescious!) was being mischevious. My niece Taylor had just made an entire bowl (we're talking huge bowl here) of chocolate pudding. She turned around for two seconds- keep in mind it was on the table
) and My sister walked in the room just to see Bailey's Paws COVERED in chocolate, and chocolate dripping all down her mouth and on her face
She immediately called me and told me what Bailey did. Which of course I was worried because Chocolate in certain amounts can be toxic to animals. So I called the vet to see what to do. He told us to give her a tsp of peroxide (apperently, peroxide to dogs is the same thing as epikack (sp?- that charcole stuff) they give to people with poisioning. Well....we gave her some peroxide to induce vomiting....nothing....so he said give her some more--we did...nothing....so after about 3tsp of peroxide- she never threw up and she never got sick. My vet (he's a close friend) came over to have a look at her and said that she likely just had a high tollerence to it and was ok ( we were like REALLY?
- it was only all over her
) So she wound up being ok after all and she ate an entire bowl of pudding. / My niece was sooo upset over it too- she thought her doggie was gonna die (she's 12 and a bit dramatic
). So since then, they've all been careful with their food.....especially around Bailey
/ So don't feel bad sweetie- it happens to the best of us..