Someone put me out of my misery!!!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sick right now
I have never had this bad of a cold come on so fast, I was fine last night and then today I could feel the congestion settling in my chest, now I am miserable
My father is going to pay for giving me this
I have to go to work tomorrow too, but if I'm not any better by tomorrow evening, I may call off my weekend job for Saturday, I don't want too, but I really shouldn't be coughing all over people's food either
I've drank like 3 cups of tea so not only am I probably going to be up all night coughing, but peeing too

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's a toddy recipe that may help you feel better:

Hot tea with a goodly squeeze of lemon
Add Honey and a shot of brandy
Drink down with 1000mg of Vit C and a paracetamol!

It will put you to sleep and hopefully, you'll wake up feling lots better!

Get well son, Christmas is just around the corner!

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Be very careful with this ... when I woke up with a sore throat and a little bit of cough/congestion on Monday morning, I thought, "Oh great, cold just in time for Christmas!" ... and I went on with life. By Tuesday morning, my temperature had sky-rocketed and I was completely blocked up both in my chest and sinuses. On Wednesday morning, my right side felt like someone had hit me with a baseball bat and I nearly couldn't breathe. A chest x-ray revealed a very nasty pneumonia - the fastest I have ever seen come on. I am currently taking a kick-butt oral dose of antibiotics and had to get TWO shots in my hiney!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Awwwwww, Katie I hope you feel better
Thanks Natalie!
Originally Posted by Abymummy

Here's a toddy recipe that may help you feel better:

Hot tea with a goodly squeeze of lemon
Add Honey and a shot of brandy
Drink down with 1000mg of Vit C and a paracetamol!

It will put you to sleep and hopefully, you'll wake up feling lots better!

Get well son, Christmas is just around the corner!
Hmmm, no brandy, will vodka work?

Originally Posted by gayef

Be very careful with this ... when I woke up with a sore throat and a little bit of cough/congestion on Monday morning, I thought, "Oh great, cold just in time for Christmas!" ... and I went on with life. By Tuesday morning, my temperature had sky-rocketed and I was completely blocked up both in my chest and sinuses. On Wednesday morning, my right side felt like someone had hit me with a baseball bat and I nearly couldn't breathe. A chest x-ray revealed a very nasty pneumonia - the fastest I have ever seen come on. I am currently taking a kick-butt oral dose of antibiotics and had to get TWO shots in my hiney!!!
Ouch! I know I'm running a low-grade fever right now, I'll defnitely keep on guard, I'm very suspectible to bronchitis in general, I got it when I was a week old and ever since I can get it at the drop of a hat

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I am so sick right now
I have never had this bad of a cold come on so fast, I was fine last night and then today I could feel the congestion settling in my chest, now I am miserable
My father is going to pay for giving me this
I have to go to work tomorrow too, but if I'm not any better by tomorrow evening, I may call off my weekend job for Saturday, I don't want too, but I really shouldn't be coughing all over people's food either
I've drank like 3 cups of tea so not only am I probably going to be up all night coughing, but peeing too
Well I wont put you out your misery but I will send you get better vibes!
GET BETETR SOON!

Originally Posted by gayef

Oh Yuk! Pneumonia is the worst! I hope you feeel better soon too!

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I don't see why it shouldn't!

Ohh and if you have congestion, carry around a hankie that has a couple of drops of Eucalyptus or peppermint or both...no doctor here, but, these usually work for me!

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww Well Ms.Katie I do hope you start to feel better fast.
I am working with this evil cough.
No cold, congestion or sore throat but after a week of a slight tickle in my throat and one night of drinking with the girls, I managed to lose my voice and cough up a storm. I got my voice back and although i sound like i have a cold it is better. Still no congestion just this silly cough.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Both my parents & my 15 y/o lil sis spent the past 1 - 1 1/2 weeks coughing up a lung...lil sis has the pukes/poops to go with it too! It got nasty fast....so take care of yourself & forget work. You don't wanna be sick for Christmas!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Sure! Have a fuzzy navel! You not only get the orange juice (Vit C) that you need, but Vodka is a great anticeptic...it will kill nasty cold germs
:

kittywarden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I feel for you. After 2 weeks of coughing my lungs up and feeling like general crap. My husband finally took me to a Dr. he did mention walking pnemonia and pulse ox level down which means I am not getting enough oxygen to breath.
I have Bronchitis and on 3 different meds for it.

Also husband just getting over a bad case of the Flu. So generally the last two weeks have been terrible for us also.

So sending major get well vibes and hugs your way from me.
lots of fluids and rest and get plenty of love from your crew
and get to feeling better soon.

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I feel for you! I think I have something similar. I'm a server part time, and they sent me home tonight because I sounded so horrible. I feel horrible, too. I was afraid to call in because well... they just aren't nice when it comes to employees calling in sick.

I hope we all get better soon, I know I need the money!

My mom says that she saw a story on the news in my area about something going around some of the local elementary schools...a pneumonia. Ugh. I sure hope it isn't that bad. I was prodromal for several days (somewhat runny nose, sneezing, achy body), but then I woke up two days ago feeling like crapola... cough that won't cough up anything when I know something is in there, sneezing, sinus headache from HE-double-hockeysticks, and bleh.

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah, does anyone know the answer to this? I have a temperature even though I'm taking acetaminophen and ibuprofen. That doesn't seem right to me... my eyes still burn and my face is still hot. Usually that goes away.

Gayef, I sure hope I don't get that sick, but even after lots of decongestants, lots of water, and an expectorant, my sinuses and lungs are still packed tight with mucous. A steam bath couldn't even get it up... must be way down in there. Yuck. And I have no insurance now, either.

Here's some get-well vibes for all of us...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here I am at work, can't call off as that is a bad mark on my record, and there are too many people on vacation so I can't take a day
I feel *ok* coughing of course, just trying to drinks lots of hot liquids to break up the congestion in my lungs, and I'm still running that fever, maybe I'll take some ibuprofen for that, but I definitely won't go to work tomorrow (different job) if I still feel like crap-ola
thanks for all your get well wishes! I think its this crazy weather!!

pat locani

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Lots and lots of water. Without enough of it, the body doesn't function properly, the toxins don't drain. Without enough water, urine is too thick and strong. Without enough water, mucous gets way too thick and will not run. The average healthy body drains an average quart a day of mucous. Caffeine is dehydrating. For each cup of caffeinated beverage, drink two cups of plain water to make up for it. Nasal passages should be moist. With heaters running in the home, it's too dry. Set up small humidifiers in each room, especially the bedroom. Take Mucinex to drain sinuses. It's a strong dose of guafenesin with no side-effects that I've found.

Take care and get well soon!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ZiCam, and FAST!!!

It is amazing stuff, makes my colds go from 5+ days of misery to just 3 days, with lesser symptoms.

I hope you feel better, as they say in my parts, wicked soon!

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was getting a cold last week, and I used zicam and drank copious amounts of Emergen-C and never got sick at all.

Emergen-C is the best thing ever! It also cures hangovers.

And remember, no sugar or dairy! Go to bed, and stay there til you're better. None of this working stuff!