ichy chin

jenbob48377

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat is still iching. I changed his bowls and he is still iching his chin like crazy. Any advice?

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Changed bowls from what to what? Plastic to metal or ceramic? Are you washing them frequently?
Is his/her chin red, scabby, losing hair?

cloud_shade

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does your kitty have feline acne? If so, changing the bowls may prevent additional acne issues, but you may need to use some Oxy pads to help clear up the current outbreak (that's what my vet recommended). If not, or if that doesn't help, your kitty could have a food allergy.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jenbob48377

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsallover

Changed bowls from what to what? Plastic to metal or ceramic? Are you washing them frequently?
Is his/her chin red, scabby, losing hair?
From plastic to metal, i thought i was washing them enough, but maybe not.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jenbob48377

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by cloud_shade

Does your kitty have feline acne? If so, changing the bowls may prevent additional acne issues, but you may need to use some Oxy pads to help clear up the current outbreak (that's what my vet recommended). If not, or if that doesn't help, your kitty could have a food allergy.
Oxy pads, really? That's funny. I've been using tresaderm, that's what the dermatologist gave me. They did think that he had a food allergy because of his ears, but they are fine now, but maybe he still does. I'll try and clear it up. Thanks!

reddicequeen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
my cat remy had chin acne..I changed his food to healthypetnet.com for wet and felidae dry and it went away...so something in the food might be the problem. He also has a very sensitive stomach and very few fooods would stay down. no problems now...so perhaps you need to find a different food? what do you feed your baby?