TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Elliot's going home!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Elliot's going home!

post #1 of 26
Thread Starter 
I just heard from my foster boy, Elliot's, new meowmy, and she's going to pick him tomorrow afternoon on her way home from work.

I'm so happy for Elliot and his new family, but I can't begin to tell you how much I'm going to miss that sweet, orange goof. Yes, his new meowmy and daddy will stay in touch, send pix, let me visit and may even join TCS, which is wonderful, but I'm STILL going to miss him like crazy.

Fortunately, Tonya, Elliot's new meowmy and I are going to be prepared for the goodbyes and have a big box of Kleenex on hand. I suspect we'll need them!

Just gotta stay focussed on the fact that Elliot is going to a wonderful home, with two big sisters and a meowmy and daddy who have been waiting for him for a long time. He's a lucky boy!
post #2 of 26
Good luck Elliot!!!! we'll miss you and your paper towels!!
post #3 of 26
What sweet and sad news. Elliot you are a sweetheart I hope you have a hugely happy life, baby boy. Hopefully, your new parents will join and we can see you again
post #4 of 26
Thread Starter 
I shouldn't have started this thread. I'm already bawling at the thought of saying goodbye. This is so stupid!
post #5 of 26
No its not stupid. You have a heart of gold that helps so many lost kittys out there. It must be sad Theres just something about Elliot, he has a kindness about him. But you know he's going to a good home. Bless you for all that you do for these poor babies. May your heart be filled with joy
post #6 of 26
Eileen. Sweet Elliot will be close by you, and always in your heart as well. You just have to be sure they join up here so we can see him too!
post #7 of 26
Thread Starter 
You guys are so sweet, but I'm feeling really selfish right now and wishing I could just keep that sweet, kissable, papertowel attacking creature.
post #8 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by eilcon View Post
You guys are so sweet, but I'm feeling really selfish right now and wishing I could just keep that sweet, kissable, papertowel attacking creature.
Can you keep him?
post #9 of 26
That is wonderful news! Just in time for Christmas!! Eileen you are a wonderful person. I don't know how you do what you do. House the kitties, get attatched, and let them go to their furrever homes!
post #10 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pami View Post
Can you keep him?
Now, that's a loaded a question! Honestly, if he hadn't been adopted so quickly, I wouldn't be able to let him go. He's fit in so well with my crew. The girls have accepted him (for the most part) and my guy, Pete, who's normally afraid of other adult cats, has become good buddies with him.

The reality is I don't really have the space or money for another permanent furry resident. And, what it really boils down to is that Elliot has a loving family who have been searching for a sweet, orange boy just waiting for him to come home. There's no way I could disappoint them.
post #11 of 26
I'm so happy Elliot has a forever home with a loving family. It must be really hard to foster kitties because I can imagine how much you'd want to keep them all. It's good that you'll be able to visit him. Don't forget to bring him a roll of paper towels on your visits
post #12 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by eilcon View Post
Now, that's a loaded a question! Honestly, if he hadn't been adopted so quickly, I wouldn't be able to let him go. He's fit in so well with my crew. The girls have accepted him (for the most part) and my guy, Pete, who's normally afraid of other adult cats, has become good buddies with him.

The reality is I don't really have the space or money for another permanent furry resident. And, what it really boils down to is that Elliot has a loving family who have been searching for a sweet, orange boy just waiting for him to come home. There's no way I could disappoint them.
I understand. He is a lovely boy, going to a lovely home. If they have been searching for him, their hearts must be full of love to have finally found him. Thats comforting.
post #13 of 26
Go ahead & cry.....if you didn't you wouldn't be the meowmy that you are! Don't forget that when Elliot leaves, you will be able to save another kitty from the great unknown....
post #14 of 26
Awwww, I'm glad he's got his furever home and sad that you will miss him so much.
post #15 of 26
Good luck Elliot!
post #16 of 26
Thread Starter 
Thanks for bearing with me on this, guys. Sorry I get so emotional.

Just heard from his new meowmy again. She's so excited and has his scratching post, toys and food all ready for him.

It helps knowing how happy Elliot's going to make his new parents!
post #17 of 26
Oh Eileen..................
post #18 of 26
Good luck to him. I'm glad he's going to a wonderful home.

Here's a hug Eileen. You are a great woman.
post #19 of 26
Aww!! I am lucky that I have never been upset at any of mine going, I am normally too excited for them!! And just think, by letting him go to his wonderful forever home (and that is why we do it, to have the pleasure of knowing all these wonderful cats and getting them that fab new home that they truly deserve), it leaves you free to help another needy cat that prob wouldn't have a chance if it wasn't for you.
post #20 of 26
*hugs* Elliot is such a handsome boy and from your description, a sweet one too

Good luck in your new home Elliot!

You should let his new mommy know that if something ever happens and for whatever reason if they can't keep him, to let you know first.
post #21 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca View Post
*hugs* Elliot is such a handsome boy and from your description, a sweet one too

Good luck in your new home Elliot!

You should let his new mommy know that if something ever happens and for whatever reason if they can't keep him, to let you know first.
I'll definitely be sure she knows that, but I don't think it's going to happen. She called on her way home from work tonight to check in. Did I mention that she's excited?
post #22 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by white cat lover View Post
Go ahead & cry.....if you didn't you wouldn't be the meowmy that you are! Don't forget that when Elliot leaves, you will be able to save another kitty from the great unknown....
...that was so sweet Natalie!!!...

Thank you for help Eileen!...Don´t give up!!!...Elliot Appreciate lot this1
post #23 of 26
Thread Starter 
Well guys, as of about 45 minutes ago, Elliot is on the way to his new home!

Turns out his new meowmy and I didn't need the kleenex after all because we were so focussed on getting Elliot to come out from under the kitchen sink where he'd taken refuge with his good buddy, Peter. Silly boys!

Anyway, this gave his meowmy and I some time to talk about our kitties and for her to show me pictures of Elliot's beautiful big sisters, Bonnie and Samantha, as well as Max, the sweet orange boy that she and her husband lost last year.

Fortunately, he didn't hide the entire time and did come out long enough to play, purr and be totally adorable. I'm going to miss my sweet orange friend so much, but am thrilled he's going to such a wonderul home.

I told his new meowmy about TCS, so keep your fingers crossed that she joins. Meanwhile, she promised to call me tomorrow with an update.

Thanks, guys!
post #24 of 26
Elliot I hope she joins, that would be so nice to continue to see that baby.
Please let us know how he settles in?
post #25 of 26
Oh good luck to Elliott
post #26 of 26


Good Luck Elliot in your new home.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › Elliot's going home!