Help

tricias_petz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone

This morning I went out to feed the barn/stray cats, and one, Bing, is hurt. He seems to have been bitten on three of his legs, and they are swollen and pussy around the sores. I do not have money to take this cat to the vet, I want to help him to get better.

What can I do to help him? He is limping quite badly. Can I give him livestock penicillin? I'm at a loss! I need to clean the wounds somehow...

THANKS VERY MUCH!!!!

Tricia

P.S. he is tame, so I can probably manage to clean him up without much of a problem...

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tricia, he needs to see a vet. These cat bites can become infected quite easily. I would not advise you giving this cat livestock penicillian unless your vet has advised you to do so (and I doubt he would).

If you are a client, most vets work on payment plans. As long as you make small payments, you should be fine. Your cat needs to be seen.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tricias_petz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't have the money... Trust me, if I did, I would be at the vet with him right now...

Do you think that the SPCA or something could help me out??

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tricias_petz

I don't have the money... Trust me, if I did, I would be at the vet with him right now...

Do you think that the SPCA or something could help me out??
It's worth reaching out to them...are these cats spayed/neutered?? If not, I would really recommend trying to find a low cost clinic that would be willing to have them all spayed/neutered.

Katie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tricias_petz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay, he is under the care of a homeopath. If he gets worse, I will call the SPCA.
He is the only one that isn't neutered; once he gets better, I will be having him neutered.