It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's snowing! I mean it's REALLY snowing!!

We're supposed to get 16" - 26" here in the Denver area by tomorrow noon. More up north and in the foothills (I'm kinda in the foothills, Kim is closer to foothills than I am, and I'm not sure how the weather in Boulder for Jana looks in reference to foothills or not). We're all under a Blizzard Warning.

All of the schools are already closed today. We're not quite, but almost planning on a snow day at work tomorrow.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so jealous! We need snow here in Cincy, or at least some cooler weather, to get more in the holiday spirit. It just doesn't seem like Xmas when it's in the mid-50's!

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by eilcon

I'm so jealous! We need snow here in Cincy, or at least some cooler weather, to get more in the holiday spirit. It just doesn't seem like Xmas when it's in the mid-50's!
I KNOW! We're having the same problem here. One minute is was 7 below and we had like half a foot of snow on the ground, the next I'm running around without a jacket on. Totally not fair!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
last week it reached 70 degrees here in Philly, but today it's in the 50's.....I just wish mother nature would pick one!!! I'm tired of pulling out the sweaters, then reaching for a tee, putting on a jacket, and then stuck carrying a scarf & gloves, then being frozen cause it's colder than it "looked" outside, and then the next day putting my convertible top down!
Pick one already will ya?!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want the snow really bad - BUT... keep it until I can get home for Christmas - then send it to me!! PlEaSe!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, this storm is really getting bad...

All of the metro area government offices, as far as I can tell, are either shut down already or are closing by noon.

The USPS just shut down metro-area wide!
That NEVER happens! The airport is shutting down. I-70 is shut down.

Looks like I may be baking cookies for the family this afternoon.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's beginning to look a lot like spring here in the Friendly City. The snow is starting to melt and it's really nice and warm. You can keep the snow!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Wow!!! that's a lot of snow!!!!!!

I hope the 6 of you can snuggle in for the next few days

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Reporting in here from the Foothills!

DANG, not ALL government offices are closed.
Although I just heard a rumor that the City Manager is "considering" closing. Let's cross our fingers.

It's REALLY starting to snow out there. Wish I was home with kitties!

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LSULOVER

No snow here in Mississippi
Have you ever had a white Christmas???

Originally Posted by valanhb

Looks like I may be baking cookies for the family this afternoon.
Hope you do well with the storm, Heidi. You are making enough cookies to share with us, right????

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in CT and normally we would have had snow here by now. But it's been in the 40's to 50's the past few weeks. But you won't here me complaining, I hate snow.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well it has been in the 70's this week. Yesterday was 76*. We are supposed to get down into the 608s the rest of the week and for Monday its suppposed to be Cloudy and Breezy with a high of 59* and a low of 37*

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
This is what it is looking like here (though I'm sure it is worse where Kim and Heidi are - we never get as bad as they do):

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sure doesn't look like Christmas here. I dont believe that Christmas is on Monday. Its 6C (43F) here right now. The normal temperature is between like -5 and -20.