Not what I wanted to hear :(

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I called the Hospital yesterday to see if they had made any decisions about the job I interviewed for at the beginning of the month. The lady said they ended up scheduling a few more interviews and the last one is tomorrow, she said they found some more good applicants for the job

I've been waiting for almost 2 weeks now to hear from them, not looking for anything new, because I thought I had a good chance of this one.
She said she'd call me Friday and let me know if they had made any decisions.

I just feel totally hopeless now, I can't deal with this during the Holidays

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Mackenzie I'm sorry, but this doesn't mean you aren't going to get it, but I can understand that you would feel discouraged. Remember everything happens for a reason!

catlessgoatman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry honey! It doesnt mean you wont get the job. Just look at it this way things have to get better eventually.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

I'm so sorry honey.... I hope that you find a job that fits you to a T.
Thats just it... this job DID fit me to a T. I have the experience, this is what I went to college for... the money was amazing - its my dream job, and just to hear that they are still doing interviews with good applicants just tears me apart.
I'm sitting here on the verge of tears, with my mind wandering and trying to look for something online.... I was hoping I would have gotten good news before the Holidays, I just hope I'm wrong in feeling this way and something good comes out of it

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Oh Mackenzie I'm sorry, but this doesn't mean you aren't going to get it, but I can understand that you would feel discouraged. Remember everything happens for a reason!
What Helen said is so true.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Thats just it... this job DID fit me to a T. I have the experience, this is what I went to college for... the money was amazing - its my dream job, and just to hear that they are still doing interviews with good applicants just tears me apart.
I'm sitting here on the verge of tears, with my mind wandering and trying to look for something online.... I was hoping I would have gotten good news before the Holidays, I just hope I'm wrong in feeling this way and something good comes out of it
Awww... honey. Everthing is going to be just fine. You will find a good job I swear it. I'm sending hugs and love your way.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Don't let this get you down, Kenz. You could still get the job. If not, there's plenty of other of jobs out there and companies that would be lucky to have you!

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mackenzie, I'm sending so many
your way! I'm going through a lot of stress right now (not with the job) but with the move and I know how horrid it feels to have these things hanging around during the festive period!

I'm sending all the }}}VIBES{{{ that I can that the other applicants fail in comparison to you and you hear about the result very soon!

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry to hear that, but as other posters have pointed out- as one door closes another will open and its about being determined

You still haven't got a definate rejection yet though have you?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys.... I've been praying everyday - morning, noon, night - to get this job, I just hope something positive comes thru, if I get bad news right before Christmas, its just not going to be good

You'd think having experience and a college degree would matter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by silentNate

Sorry to hear that, but as other posters have pointed out- as one door closes another will open and its about being determined

You still haven't got a definate rejection yet though have you?
No, I haven't, but it just doesn't feel like its going to have a very good outcome

I thought I made a good impression on them!

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is DEFINITELY weird out there on the job interviewing.

When B was unemployed he had to wait for so long for responses. Usually its just that they have to interview X amount of people for Equal Opportunity. Maybe you were the ONLY good candidate and they just didn't like have one to choose from.

Maybe write them another letter, thanking them again for the interview and offer any additional things that you can think of that will definitely keep their eyes on you. Send them a box of chocolates or something (after all it is Christmas).
I'm not saying either that your first impression wasn't good enough, just people forget people they interview. So when your name continues to pop up that increases your chances.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry, Mackenzie.
It's their loss!
you'll find a job where people deserve to have you as their employeee. I just know it.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

It is DEFINITELY weird out there on the job interviewing.

When B was unemployed he had to wait for so long for responses. Usually its just that they have to interview X amount of people for Equal Opportunity. Maybe you were the ONLY good candidate and they just didn't like have one to choose from.

Maybe write them another letter, thanking them again for the interview and offer any additional things that you can think of that will definitely keep their eyes on you. Send them a box of chocolates or something (after all it is Christmas).
I'm not saying either that your first impression wasn't good enough, just people forget people they interview. So when your name continues to pop up that increases your chances.
I really wish I knew what their final decision was going to be! I just cant believe how long its taken them to do this.... its insane

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I really wish I knew what their final decision was going to be! I just cant believe how long its taken them to do this.... its insane
Oh, it's such a bummer to be stuck waiting. I hope you hear soon and that it's good news!

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Sweetie - the only advice I can give is to professionally 'pester' them! Phone up to enquire how the process is going and when you are likely to find out the result. It brings on the impression that you have another offer, but are keen on the position they have! Make sure you explain that you are anticipating the result and would love to work with them for 'blah, blah, blah' reason!

I'm sure you're the top of their list - they're just 'testing' you!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree that maybe they have to interview a certain amount of people. Is the person you spoke with the person responsible for the actual hiring???
Hang in there we are all sending you vibes{{{}}}}