disposable litter pans

jaclyn4238

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am thinking of starting to buy the disposable cat pans and just throw them away when the boxes need to be thoroughly cleaned... any yay's or nay's on them?

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only use disposables when I have to travel for a show...scoop the trays, it doesn't ake very long!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gosh, I have 7 cats and it doesn't take me long at all to scoop the boxes. Deep cleaning once a month takes around 30 minutes.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Somebody... I think it was Hissy... reccommends spraying the bottom of the pan with non-stick cooking spray so that clumps don't stick to the bottom and it's much easier to clean.

Disposable litter pans to me are like "uncrustables"(those boxes of sandwiches with the crusts already cut off)-- totally unnecessary, totally wasteful, and ultimately they'd just make me even lazier.

Plus, you're gonna end up spending a ton of money on them.

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

Somebody... I think it was Hissy... reccommends spraying the bottom of the pan with non-stick cooking spray so that clumps don't stick to the bottom and it's much easier to clean.

Disposable litter pans to me are like "uncrustables"(those boxes of sandwiches with the crusts already cut off)-- totally unnecessary, totally wasteful, and ultimately they'd just make me even lazier.

Plus, you're gonna end up spending a ton of money on them.
Yay to non-stick cooking spray and it's 1 million uses!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The ONLY time I'd use the disposible ones are for showing my cats or staying with cats at a hotel.

In the long run you are spending more money then its worth. You could use them in an emergency or temporary situation or if a kitty is sick and you don't want another cat to use it. But just cause you don't want scoop them, doesn't mean you have to get that lazy